Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone get an A1 in chem or App maths???

Options
  • 17-08-2007 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Right, heres the thing, i got A2s in app maths and chem when im nearly positive they were both A1s. I was talking to someone who reckoned she couldn't have lost more than 12 marks (3%) in the whole chem paper and she got an A2. Also, i thought i couldn't have lost more than 20 marks (6.66%) on the whole applied maths paper and got an A2. Just wondering if anyone else thought these subjects were marked hard or easy:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I got an A1 in Chemistry. I expected it as I found the paper easy.

A2 in App Maths, and I know only got 3 questions fully right(though a 4th one was almost right, with just a slight slip). I was pretty sure I got an A2/B1, so to me it seems to have been marked fairly.

Thing is, threads like this are pointless, since you'll find out what went wrong when you VIEW YOUR PAPERS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭*belle*

i got an A2 in chem when i was sure it was an a1..so i am viewing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Shox

yup i got the a2 in chem an i did every question on the paper except one. dat was my most certain a1. got the a1 in app maths which i was delighted with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

I got an A2 in chem and a B1 in app maths.
    The app maths is expected but I was sure I got an A1 in chem so I'm going to view that.
    A friend of mine got an A1 in both chem and app maths. He was the only one in my school to get it in chem though and a lot of people are going to view to see about it.
    As for app maths, he was the only A1 but considering we only had three others (two B1's and a C2) there's no way to know what the marking for that was like for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

Am I the only person in this boards that got a B2 in Chem....aggh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

A1 in this despite being up to my eyeballs in paracetamol and losing my girlfriend the day before :rolleyes:

Was it that there was no chemistry between you or that Chemistry got between you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

haha lol I like it man :D but never worry about that sure just like the a1 result it all worked out fine in the end :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Got an A2 in chemistry and an A1 in applied maths. Expected those results tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 MadSambuka

There is no point after the exam trying to work out what markes you got cause move than often you'll be wrong. Especially with chemistry cause the marking scemes are so precise!!How do you honestly know what you got?! What you might have thought was right was completly wrong! so saying that an exam was a defo A1 is insane!!!!!!

If you got the points you need what difference does trying to persure a higher grade make!?In a weeks time no one will care!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

JC 2K3 as a matter of interest, what did you get in Physics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭TwentyOneEleven

JC 2K3 as a matter of interest, what did you get in Physics?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53764221&postcount=49

A1! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

A1 in chemistry, didn't do applied maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Gangsta wrote:
    Got an A2 in chemistry and an A1 in applied maths. Expected those results tbh.

Got the same result, expected it to be the other way around though...

@Limerick Dude and TwentyOneEleven:

Lol, naturally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Didn't do Chemistry, but got the 'oul A1 in Applied Maths - jumped 5 grades from my mocks result lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Well, That puts my lowly C3 to shame:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

I got a b2 in physics which surprised me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

ZorbaTehZ wrote:
    Didn't do Chemistry, but got the 'oul A1 in Applied Maths - jumped 5 grades from my mocks result lol.
    strange, me too lol. Although Ap.Maths was very easy this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

A1 in App Maths and A2 in Chem, I blame the amount of alcohol in the paper... I'll view it and more likely than not have it rechecked.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't agree that App Maths was easy. Really depended on the questions you did though.

Not insanely difficult or anything, but Q1 part (b)(ii) was a bitch, as was Q10 (b)(the numbers weren't nice at all, and it was easy to get confused and think part (ii) didn't make sense rather than letting s be a limit going to infinity).

If I'd done Q9(Hydrostatics), which was my backup, I'd have gotten the A1 I think. But rather than attempting it I decided to devote more time to Q1 and Q10(and also one or two other bits in other Qs). It still bugs me today since Q9 was very easy and I didn't realise at the time. Though an A2 is still very good, so I can't complain.

I thought Chemistry was very easy though, it was the one subject I was 90% sure of an A1 in after the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

JC 2K3 wrote:
    @Limerick Dude and TwentyOneEleven:

Lol, naturally.

Well done man, i got a b3 which i was delighted with, considering the horribleness of the paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

I dont do app maths but i got an A2 in chem. Slightly disappointed as i found it a really simple paper, suppose grinds helped. I'll have a look at the paper anyway but theres not much point in getting it rechecked as i have my points.

Girlfriend - naturally - got 600pts, with A1 in both app maths and chem. I havnt heard the end of it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭missingyou

A1 in this despite being up to my eyeballs in paracetamol and losing my girlfriend the day before :rolleyes:

all worked out in the end eh?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

missingyou wrote: »
    all worked out in the end eh?;)

Thanks for bringing up this old thread :eek:....
    I just have to say how irrelevant it all is now, hardly worth the paper its written on. For anyone doing the LC, dont stress, when you get to this stage you wonder what all the worrying was about...... although, I hated people who said that when I was in sixth year. lol

Advertisement