Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just a quick question...

Options
  • 17-08-2007 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭

I haven't done Flash in years, but a project I'm working on right now will use it if possible.

I have a base document in either Flash or HTML. This document is like a background that has 3 or so different swf windows, like a ticker etc.
    I have the HTML document working but it would be much better if the base document was Flash for several reasons.

Here's the question: One of these "windows" is an external HTML file embeded in an iFrame. Works great, but is there a way to do it in Flash? i.e. Display an external HTML file in a window on an SWF document?

I really just need to know if it's possible, but if anyone has tips or links it would be great too.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

theres plenty of xml tutorials getting external text content into flash, and even styling it with css, dont have any links off hand but google should sort it. and don't use iframes!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

I should elaborate I suppose. This external HTML document is actually an exported powerpoint slideshow. Exported as HTML page. iFrame was the only way.

I'm not shelling out for ppt2flash BS (excuse my language) and it's ilk, though if there was a way to export a ppt to swf FREELY and be somewhat idiot proof (this project is an interface for an application that runs off external text/xml/HTML files that are updated by php webforms, so they can't delete anything by accident :rolleyes: ) it would be much much better than the HTML...

My searches on google and hotscripts etc have thrown up nothing but ppt2flash and other like programs, so it's looking doubtful...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

No idea about that particular question but can you not just export each page of the ppt file as jpegs and import them into a new Flash gallery thing that emulates the powerpoint file? Or would that be a pain in the butt long term?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

I have that done as an alternative already, but it is a pain in the hole, yeah.

Like I said, Idiot Proof.... -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Well, if you can do scripting with macros or some other script type thing you could do a macro that saves each page on PPT and numbers the images sequentially and then tell flash to look in a certain directory and import as many images as appear in that directory to your timeline with actionscript. I'm sure that is possible..

• Advertisement
Advertisement