Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

Options
  • 17-08-2007 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭

My 5 year old King Charlie seems to have a very hard tummy on the left side. He also has the runs and looks very tired. Anyone know what could be wrong? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

bet your vet would...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

would he have eaten something he shouldn't have?

straight to the vet i'd say, could have eaten something and it's stuck...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

fits wrote:
    bet your vet would...
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

definately take your dog to the vets as it could be an obstruction. It can happen quite easily with the rawhide dog bones you get in Tesco, etc. They can swallow a large piece and it won't break down in the intestines. I wouldn't recommend feeding these treats, but if you do, supervise them at all times. Otherwise, you can find dental bones that clean teeth and are easier to chew / digest at www.zooplus.ie . Greenies are sold at www.onlynaturalpet.eu , and I had read articles about these treats causing obstructions, but the receipe has been changed to prevent dogs biting off too much (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenies).

Otherwise, you dog could have played with something it shouldn't have and eaten a foreign object. Please, take to the vets asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Took him to the vet today, T'was a grade 3 heart murmur:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

Conor108 wrote:
    Took him to the vet today, T'was a grade 3 heart murmur:(
    V. common problem in Cavaliers alright. Watch out for any intolerance to excercise and being lethargic etc. Did the diarrhoea clear up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Yep, he seems to be getting better today

Advertisement