Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pointless work

Options
  • 17-08-2007 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place but anyway....

I've noticed that the county council around here North Galway is doing loads of pointless work while managing to avoid necessary work.

Their redoing a path which was perfectly fine, I can only think that the golf committee had it pushed through as the tail end of the path goes into the course. The main road through the town is in bits it's honestly like going off road. All the houses and pubs are covered in muck as they keep filling in the massive potholes with chips that are gone the next day. Now their redoing one of the quieter roads which was done not so long ago. The road was fine except for one pot hole.

For the last two years they've been doing stuff like this, cutting back the old graveyard, redoing paths, which I'd be fine with if it wasn't for the fact it's left in the same or worse state than when they started. There's much more important work they could be doing like upgrading the towns ancient sewer system (they did the water pipes fair play to them) and fixing the main road.

Is this common around the country? Or am I just seeing things/not seeing the bigger picture? To me it all looks like pointless work to use up money.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Which town is it? The town should organise themselves and write to the local counciller to resurface the main street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Probably trying to spend their budget so it doesn't get cut next year

• Registered Users Posts: 22,423 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

micmclo wrote:
    Probably trying to spend their budget so it doesn't get cut next year

Galway Co. Council seem to be brutal at maintaining the roads. Gort is a complete disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Ok how do I find contact details for my local councillor? Their at it again and it's blatant.

There was a part of the main road to the next town that had 3 bad dips in a row one after the other. Last year they resurfaced the road and fixed two leaving the one on the corner. Now they've just ripped up the bit of road they fixed last year ignoring the dip they didn't fix.

Their also resurfacing another road and somehow managed to keep the only pothole that was on the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

sounds like any county council tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

timmywex wrote:
    Hit someone at 30mph,80% live
    Hit them at 40mph,80% die

Morale: SLOWDOWN PLEASE

That should be moral not morale. Just letting you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,988 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

themole wrote:
    That should be moral not morale. Just letting you know.

And the real moral is : don't hit people... Aim for large trees or solid walls instead, then your stupidity will only hurt yourself.

The Roman Catholic Church is beyond despicable, it laughs at us as we pay for its crimes. It cares not a jot for the lives it has ruined.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

No more off-topic discussion of sigs or speeding, ta.

Advertisement