Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TK Maxx

• 17-08-2007 2:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭

I have heard TK Maxx is opening a store in Waterford. Anyone know if this is true??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

about bloody time. Haven't heard anything unless it's going to be in railway square.

Whats happening in City Arms anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

The rumours are HMV ?

I thought TK Maxx was a fizzy red beverage, lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Haven't heard anything about one opening here but nothing to get excited about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭mad man

I'm going to hazard a guess here.Probably the six cross roads or the retail park on the butlerstown roundabout.There is a lot of retail park space coming online in the coming months and this is typically where TK MAXX locate in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

mad man wrote:
    I'm going to hazard a guess here.Probably the six cross roads or the retail park on the butlerstown roundabout.There is a lot of retail park space coming online in the coming months and this is typically where TK MAXX locate in Ireland.

Agreed. That massive retail park in Butlerstown looks just like the sort of place they would open in.

Let me point out that I have heard absolutely NOTHING about what's going in there, but given what else is in similar places around the country, I would expect a Harvey Norman and a Land of Leather too, stuff like that.

Any concrete ideas on what's going in where the City Arms was?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Is there any word on the shopping centre that's going up in Ferrybank?
    I heard Dunnes but that's all. Surely a few more shops too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

trishw78 wrote:
    about bloody time. Haven't heard anything unless it's going to be in railway square.

Whats happening in City Arms anyone know?

I've heard a couple of people say its going to be a large River Island store. Dont know how true it is mind you ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

fricatus wrote:
    Agreed. That massive retail park in Butlerstown looks just like the sort of place they would open in.

Let me point out that I have heard absolutely NOTHING about what's going in there, but given what else is in similar places around the country, I would expect a Harvey Norman and a Land of Leather too, stuff like that.

Billy McCarthy wlrfm was saying he heard the rumour that it was going out near the Six Cross Roads roundabout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Apparently TK Maxx are going in at the roundabout where the new ring road meets the Cork Road (just across the road from where Bolands have relocated to).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Jor

Pardon my ignorance.
    What is a TK Maxx?

• Advertisement

Jor wrote:
    Pardon my ignorance.
    What is a TK Maxx?

It's a discount retailer of designer stuff, like clothes and home furnishings.

Generally speaking you go in there on spec for weeks on end and find nothing (well unless you've the patience of a woman; being a man I don't), but then every so often you find something really good.

I found a French Connection T-Shirt in there for €5 (when I was living in Dublin) and it's one of the nicest and longest-lasting things I've ever bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭smdweb

I Believe there is a big shopping centre planned for the Six cross Roads area / Outer Ring Road, Marks & Spencer are looking at this also.

fricatus wrote:

I have heard rumours (only rumours) that B&Q were opening up somewhere.Someone told me it was where the six cross roads retail park is but obviously this is for smaller units and ideal for TK MAXX.The City arms I heard HMV but I'm probably just repeating what I read on these boards.I read nothing in the print media regarding either.However afaik Tommy Hilfiger was open and all before I read anything about it in the papers.I have a strong feeling that B&Q are going in across from Bolands.Its absolutely massive and typical of the size needed for the larger B&Q''s.The steel frames over the entrance is also very similar to what is around the other B&Q's I have seen.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

JPA wrote:
    Is there any word on the shopping centre that's going up in Ferrybank?
    I heard Dunnes but that's all. Surely a few more shops too?

Yes, Dunnes are the anchor tenants along with up to 36 other units consisting of fashion outlets, a bank, a pharmacy, off licence, and a car showrooms.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

mad man wrote:
    I have heard rumours (only rumours) that B&Q were opening up somewhere.Someone told me it was where the six cross roads retail park is but obviously this is for smaller units and ideal for TK MAXX.The City arms I heard HMV but I'm probably just repeating what I read on these boards.I read nothing in the print media regarding either.However afaik Tommy Hilfiger was open and all before I read anything about it in the papers.I have a strong feeling that B&Q are going in across from Bolands.Its absolutely massive and typical of the size needed for the larger B&Q''s.The steel frames over the entrance is also very similar to what is around the other B&Q's I have seen.

B&Q were originally suppose to be going into the six cross roads development, but are now waiting to take up one of those big warehouse spaces on the Butlerstown roundabout. At present whoever is looking after David Flynn's development at the six cross roads is busy trying to get a tenant for the property. Its most likely that TK Maxx would rather go where there would be other units beside it rather that in one big unit on its own. So my guess is they will take up the second unit on the Butlerstown roundabout.

And anyone know what the building beside KFC in Ardkeen is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭portlairge

D.I.D. ELECTRICAL is going next to kentucky at ardkeen complex

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

TK Maxx are going in the new McDonaghdevelopment in Kilkenny (city)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭steven22

JPA wrote:
    And anyone know what the building beside KFC in Ardkeen is?

Its a healthcare centre ... it tells ya what it is cos theres a big sign by the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭steven22

I have a relative living in Kilkenny and he is building (along with others;) ) the construction going ahead straight across from the Kilkenny train station.

Its a huge shopping complex and Tk Maxx are opening up in there not Waterford.

Also for the ladies .. River Island in town are relocating to Kilkenny also.

• Advertisement

steven22 wrote:
    Its a healthcare centre ... it tells ya what it is cos theres a big sign by the door.

Ok thanks. That's so boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭portlairge

the building in front of kfc at ardkeen is going to be a healthcare center and other stuff but the one beside kfc "to the left as you look at it" is going to be d.i.d electrical, friend of mine is going to be store manager and it will be open before x-mas.

steven22 wrote:
    I have a relative living in Kilkenny and he is building (along with others;) ) the construction going ahead straight across from the Kilkenny train station.

Eh... why, pray, would TK Maxx open in KK and not Waterford? Wouldn't it make more sense to open in both?

And why would River Island "relocate" to KK. Surely they'd just open another shop there?

By the way, there's a men's section of River Island.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

steven22 wrote:

troll.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭BBM77

steven22 wrote:
    ...........Also for the ladies .. River Island in town are relocating to Kilkenny also.

This is a typical bloody Kilkenny reply. River Island are not relocating to Kilkenny town. River Island may be opening in Kilkenny town but the River Island in Waterford is closing because Debenhams wants the space. That is all. I am sure they will be opening in another unit in the city.

steven22 wrote:

Saddest post...EVER!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Yes! Let us all bow to Kilkennys superior retail stealing prowess! That building beside the station is a joke (I have to see it when I'm passing through on my way home at the weekend from college) It's such an eyesore!
    :edit:
    I see they're getting a virgin in there! WTF?! WHY? They don't even own CD players or DVD players!

Lads please, don't rise to the bait... we've had enough KK-bashing and Waterford-bashing threads here. Cop yerselves on.

So what's this about River Island closing? I'd be very annoyed if this was the case. If they're just relocating (within the city of course...) then that would be fine.

Tellin' ya though... if Debenhams are kicking RI out because they need the space, it tells you something about the untapped demand for retail space in Waterford city centre. For God's sake, why isn't there an all-out effort to get loads and loads of space on tap for retailers here?

I saw a thing on the news there lately about the new development in Athlone town centre. There's going to be a 12-storey hotel and an M&S there. Meanwhile, in a city three times the size of Athlone, we've got McCann objecting left, right and centre.

J3sus, we should be threatening Cork with the quality of our shopping, but no, we're "up" there with Kilkenny and Carlow, and falling behind Letterkenny, Newbridge and now Athlone. People have to wake up here, seriously :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The manager of River Island told the girlfriends mother that they are moving out to space by Storm Cinemas. Also locating out there is another Centra & Supervalue. Thats all thats been officaly confirmed.

RI are NOT re-locating. They are staying in Waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭floyd333

This is a typical bloody Kilkenny reply. .

Less of the sweeping generalizations please Ballybrickenman.

Advertisement