Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TK Maxx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭deise-lady

fricatus wrote:

I would expect a Harvey Norman and a Land of Leather too, stuff like that.

I hate the Harvey Norman radio ads so much, that I swear I will never set foot in one of their shops till they stop that Australian man shouting.
    GO HARVEY GO... yes please do go, FAR FAR AWAY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭BBM77

floyd333 wrote:
    Less of the sweeping generalizations please Ballybrickenman.

Floyd333, you obviously don’t read this form too often. This kind of twisting of events to make them appear as if Kilkenny has got one over on Waterford are a regular thing here. It is unfair to say I was generalizing; I have seen this numerous times before and was pointing it out. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kayevajo

Any concrete ideas on what's going in where the City Arms was?

answer is river island is going in there. area manager of top shop for waterford told me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

At last a decient sized River Island Thank the Gods.

I heard it started when Debhamnams took over Roches they wanted them out they were trying to buy them out of there lease for ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

What about The Stand. I had heard that Dunnes had bought it and were goin to extend into it but surely that cant be true. I think theres builders in there at the moment but they dont seem to be doing anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

shockwave wrote:
    What about The Stand. I had heard that Dunnes had bought it and were goin to extend into it but surely that cant be true. I think theres builders in there at the moment but they dont seem to be doing anything.
    I heard that too. Also heard that the whole City Square store would revert to being textiles and homewares, like it was before they opened grocery, and Michael Street (including the added Stand building) would be the new grocery store, as the current one is fairly small and this would be bigger.

Not sure how well that would work though. City Square is the only nearby parking within trolley pushing distance and that involves crossing a street and an already cramped (a lot of the time) entrance to City Square. It would be a nightmare for deliveries too I'd imagine. It's bad enough with deliveries to the City Square store. I reluctant to believe that is the plan.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

kayevajo wrote:

answer is river island is going in there. area manager of top shop for waterford told me.

I was told they were moving out to the complex out in Storm Cinemas. Ill double check, but this was told by the manager / area manager to the girlfriends mother.

there is a bank going into the stande ,i heard have a contact in the county council who informed me of this.

surely would not make sense for river island to go into railway square would not make sense.no big retail company like that woud move down the road to a smaller complex wit less shops parking does not add up.thats why they will stay in the town centre.

also the main anchor in railway square is going to be supervaule so i would imagine they would get the biggest foor space.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Halifax and a retail unit with office space on the first floor, is whats going into the Olde Stand premises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

kayevajo wrote:
    surely would not make sense for river island to go into railway square would not make sense.no big retail company like that woud move down the road to a smaller complex wit less shops parking does not add up.thats why they will stay in the town centre.

Got to agree with you there. RI wouldn't make much sense down in Railway Square all on its own. City Arms seems like a much more appropriate location.

BTW, what ever happened to Top Man in Debenhams? John Rocha appears to be there now. Did it or will it relocate?

• Advertisement

Anything interesting going into the old ESB shop and offices?

Kahless wrote:
    Anything interesting going into the old ESB shop and offices?

The new city council offices.

Exactly how many offices do they need

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Confirmed last night that she was told RI were moving to Railway Square and not City Arms. News & Star appears to suggest they are moving to City Arms tho. She also heard the usual rumour of HMV going into City Arms. Amazing how long that lasted!

Speaking of Railway Square, whats the story? Its empty pretty much apart from the cinema, apartments and offices..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭portlairge

also heard today that halfords will be opening their biggest store in ireland here in march it will be located in the ardkeen shopping complex in between tesco and next 18,000sq ftdownstairs and 9,000sq ft upstairs they signed the lease yesterday . at last a coup for the deise.. hopefully many more will follow.

portlairge wrote:
    also heard today that halfords will be opening their biggest store in ireland here in march it will be located in the ardkeen shopping complex in between tesco and next 18,000sq ftdownstairs and 9,000sq ft upstairs they signed the lease yesterday . at last a coup for the deise.. hopefully many more will follow.

I don’t doubt that Halford’s are coming to Waterford, but it can’t be to were you say. Tesco’s are just after getting planning to expand their store into that unit.

http://www.waterfordcity.ie/ePlan/InternetEnquiry/rpt_ViewApplicDetails.asp?validFileNum=1&app_num_file=0787

I would guess that it would be in the Waterford Retail Park or that one across from the new Boland’s on the Cork rd. It is a shop I would love to see open there all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭portlairge

wait and see.. tesco own the whole complex so they have to apply for the p.p ..i have inside info on this one.. trust me

portlairge wrote:
    wait and see.. tesco own the whole complex so they have to apply for the p.p ..i have inside info on this one.. trust me

I hope you are right. That would definitely be a very welcome addition.

Sully wrote:
    Confirmed last night that she was told RI were moving to Railway Square and not City Arms. News & Star appears to suggest they are moving to City Arms tho. She also heard the usual rumour of HMV going into City Arms. Amazing how long that lasted!

Who was told?

Sully wrote:
    Speaking of Railway Square, whats the story? Its empty pretty much apart from the cinema, apartments and offices..
    Before they even really started building it, they were saying Super-Valu are going in there at least.

• Advertisement

Originally Posted by Sully

how many time did u contradict yourself here lol

u said they were going then they were not!and why would news and star lie lol

fact remains RIVER ISLAND are going into city arms i checked my source again today.

Sully wrote:

again i checked my source tonight river island IS going into city arms!!

but if i am wrong i will say so

but i am never wrong lol:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ryvitasnacks

i know for a fact its city arms

Maybe things changed, but thats what the original plan was.

Id have to agree, City Arms is a much better location

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I was in RI this afternoon (no men's clothes left as far as I could see) and the notices up around the place are depressing: nearest store is Carlow, new store opening in KK in October. Why don't they also mention that they're reopening in the City Arms if that's what they're doing? :mad:

fricatus wrote:
    I was in RI this afternoon (no men's clothes left as far as I could see) and the notices up around the place are depressing: nearest store is Carlow, new store opening in KK in October. Why don't they also mention that they're reopening in the City Arms if that's what they're doing? :mad:

According to the News & Star, they have not officially agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

Jeesh some people on here are rediculous, and Everybody seems to have their own "source".

So much "yea well my source is more important than your source" goin on here.

Whats next? do you want to go into the bathroom with the rulers aswell? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭mad man

On a seperate note.Does anyone know or heard any rumours about a Raddisson Hotel being built out in the ORR?

My brother got some work for a sub contractor and this is what was supposedely being built.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 tom1975

kayevajo wrote:

Saw this in today's paper - formal planning application to Waterford City Council from River Island. So you are correct - they are moving into City Arms an dunits 24/25 City Square SC

WATERFORD CITY COUNCIL River Island Clothing Company Ltd., applies for planning permission for elevational changes and associated site works to previously approved register reference 06/414 at amalgamated retail units 24 and 25 City Square Shopping Centre and former City Arms Public House, Arundel Square, Waterford. The planning application may be inspected, or purchased at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy, at the offices of the Planning Authority (Wallace House, Maritana Gate, Canada Street, Waterford) during its public opening hours (9am to 4pm) A submission or observation in relation to the application may be made to the planning Authority in writing on payment of the prescribed fee (20) within the period of 5 weeks beginning on the date of receipt by the Authority of the application.
    Posted: 05/09/2007

• Advertisement

That's going to be one hell of a shop. City Arms is/was massive plus the shops it's amalgamating. It's going to be as big as the Graffton St. store by the looks of it.

Advertisement