Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI Ford Cup 3rd round/Eircom League fixtures this weekend

• 17-08-2007 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭

FAI Ford Cup 3rd Round

Thursday August 16
    Dundalk 1 UCD 2
    Friday August 17
    Bray Wanderers vs St. Patrick's Athletic - Carlisle Grounds 7.45pm
    Cork City vs Kilkenny City - Turner's Cross 7.45pm
    Limerick 37 vs Douglas Hall - Jackman Park 7.45pm
    Waterford United vs Sligo Rovers - RSC 7.45pm (live on TG4)
    Saturday August 18
    Finn Harps vs Derry City - Finn Park 7.45pm
    Longford Town vs Fanad United - Flancare Park 7.30pm
    Sunday August 19
    Malahide United vs Bohemians - Gannon Park 12 noon

Eircom League of Ireland Premier Division

Monday August 20

Drogheda United vs Galway United - United Park 7.45pm

I sniff upsets at the Carlisle Grounds, Jackman Park and Finn Park this weekend ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Real Football.
    I sniff upsets at the Carlisle Grounds, Jackman Park and Finn Park this weekend ;)
    Nah, Derry won't beat Harps man.
    :D

Fanad might do Longford though, would that be a surprise though?

Where is Gannon Park, if I'm up in time I might head to the Malahide game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

DesF wrote:
    Where is Gannon Park, if I'm up in time I might head to the Malahide game.
    it's pretty much halfway between Malahide and Portmarnock along the coast, the 32A bus goes right past the ground and stops beside it (not many 32As on Sunday's though) and some of the 42As go close enough to the ground aswell, if you get the DART to Malahide it's about a 20-25 minute walk to the ground along by the coast, nice ground and location i have to say

there might be plenty of Shels fans there, i'm sure with latest trend seen last night at Dalymount there will be loads of Shels fans at the match with their red shirts and flags cheering on Bohs by signing songs for Owen Heary and Glen Crowe :rolleyes: :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Are Drogs out of the cup?

Im expecting a record low crowd at The Cross tonight for our game with Kilkenny. Its pissing rain, and with the developments of the week, i reckon there will be alot of business for the Turners Cross pubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

if we lose there'll be a riot. though i dont think we will.

3-0

If ye don't beat Kilkenny, there should be a riot tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I sniff upsets at the Carlisle Grounds,

A Pats win?

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Who cares about this crappy cup anyway. Its been a worthless competition since 2002.:mad: Its all about the league.

Pighead wrote:
    Who cares about this crappy cup anyway. Its been a worthless competition since 2002.:mad: Its all about the league.

1961 was the day the cup died :(

kdjac

1-0 Pats Quigley

1-0 Waterford offside tbh Alan Kelly actually waved to his ma after he gave it.

1-0 Cork O Callaghan

kdjac

Cork City vs Kilkenny City - Turner's Cross 7.45pm[/U]

Three nil to Cork City already, Christ Kilkenny are bad.

Waherfur beating Sligo 1-0, it's on TG4.

• Advertisement

Sligo equalise, shít defending.

I hate Clive delaney really i do.

kdjac

Meh we got offisde goal.

bah

still hate Delaney tho

kdjac

Anto Murphy sent off after ref forgot he booked him already.

Ah well 1-1 bray on top least its not another cup final defeat.

kdjac

get in 2-1

kdjac

One step closer to cup final heart break :):( :mad:

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,956 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Douglas Hall got a 1-1 draw in Limerick. :eek:

KdjaCL wrote:
    get in 2-1

Jambags

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Fúck me that was some late goal in Bray. If it were any other team you would think their name's on it but it's only Pat's. I'd say Gormley was disgusted.

Bohs should win easily. Don't think I've ever been up before 10 on a Sunday in my adult life though, so no idea how I going to manage this one.

Bateman wrote:
    Don't think I've ever been up before 10 on a Sunday in my adult life though, so no idea how I going to manage this one.

You've never been to Cork for a Sunday afternoon game? Blow-in!!!! :D

Best of luck to Bobby and the lads!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

kilkenny are one of the worst teams ive ever seen.. my night league team would have given us a better game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Zebra3 wrote:
    Douglas Hall got a 1-1 draw in Limerick. :eek:

Yup, well we have to be playing the worst football out of any team in the division atm :(

The bubble has well and truly burst :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Wouldn't fancy being in the Drogheda changing rooms right now. 2-0 up against 10 men at home with 3 minutes to go, and they end up drawing 2-2. A glimmer of hope for the chasing pack perhaps.

Pighead wrote:
    Wouldn't fancy being in the Drogheda changing rooms right now. 2-0 up against 10 men at home with 3 minutes to go, and they end up drawing 2-2. A glimmer of hope for the chasing pack perhaps.

They playing bohs on friday and we playing longford, Rovers could gains some ground on them :eek:

kdjac

They might blow it yet, although I really don't think so. They're in the position of not having to win all their games at the moment. We'll make life hard for them on Friday, but another draw is the most likely outcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Pighead wrote:

Galway went down to 10 men in the first half. After that they just kept everyone behind the ball. Frustrating to watch.

Paul Keegan came on as sub & created both Drogheda goals with some lovely footwork.

Then Dan Connor cost us 2 points with some comical keeping.

As a Drogheda & Arsenal fan I'm getting sick of watching my team let down by a dodgy keeper! I was so mad after the game that I opened the throttle & rode home ar 90 mph. It didn't work - I'm still brassed off.

Bateman wrote:
    They might blow it yet, although I really don't think so. They're in the position of not having to win all their games at the moment. We'll make life hard for them on Friday, but another draw is the most likely outcome.
    Hi,

There were only two hundred Bohs fans at the cup game this weekend.

That is damn shameful, I mean it's not as if it was in Donegal or Cork.

Malahide ffs. Two hundred.

Fickle.

PDN wrote:
    Galway went down to 10 men in the first half. After that they just kept everyone behind the ball. Frustrating to watch.

I'm still brassed off.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Seriously

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Mr Pot posted earlier looking for a Mr Black to discuss Kettle colours.

kdjac

DesF wrote:
    Hi,

We had a thousand last year and that 20 minute walk from the dart is pure lies, i aged a year on that walk.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

I'm really brassed off to be only 9 points (instead of 11) ahead of the second best team in the Eircom League - Shamrock Rovers.

PDN wrote:
    I'm really brassed off to be only 9 points (instead of 11) ahead of the second best team in the Eircom League - Shamrock Rovers.

I am annoyed it took us 94 minutes to win our cup game.

kdjac

DesF wrote:
    Hi,

There were only two hundred Bohs fans at the cup game this weekend.

That is damn shameful, I mean it's not as if it was in Donegal or Cork.

Fickle.

Fickle? It might have escaped your attention that we are on a good run at the moment, so even if your nonsense was true it would hardly be applicable.

Plenty of cup games for us this season, can't say I feel I deserve a medal for turning up yesterday though. The poor turnout is two fingers to whatever genius came up with the kick off time, so, to be honest, the total non-event that it was serves them right.

Bateman wrote:
    Fickle? It might have escaped your attention that we are on a good run at the moment, so even if your nonsense was true it would hardly be applicable.

Plenty of cup games for us this season, can't say I feel I deserve a medal for turning up yesterday though. The poor turnout is two fingers to whatever genius came up with the kick off time, so, to be honest, the total non-event that it was serves them right.

Sweet god, your no superior to them in any way, they earned that game and with that they earned a big crowd at their home game.

jebus elitism in the EL... we all a kick away from the pheno for home games.

kdjac

Zebra3 wrote:
    You've never been to Cork for a Sunday afternoon game? Blow-in!!!! :D

Best of luck to Bobby and the lads!!! :)

Last time we played on a Sunday down there was a good long while ago, back then 4 cans were enough for the train journey (and this was before they had a direct Dublin-Cork train, this was when you still had to change in Mallow!), and 4 pints was probably enough the night before as well. Couldn't really describe it as being in my adult life, more "adolescent"!

KdjaCL wrote:
    Sweet god, your no superior to them in any way, they earned that game and with that they earned a big crowd at their home game.

jebus elitism in the EL... we all a kick away from the pheno for home games.

kdjac

No, if they made the decision to kick off at 12, then they earned a crap crowd.

Elitism in the eL; Malahide aren't in the eL? :confused:

• Advertisement

Bateman wrote:
    No, if they made the decision to kick off at 12, then they earned a crap crowd.

Elitism in the eL; Malahide aren't in the eL? :confused:

Some of their players progressed to both of our teams so i would say that they are quite a fundemental part of the EL.

kick off time is irrelevant its not like it was on the southside or somewhere far away, its one bus/dart away!

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    Some of their players progressed to both of our teams so i would say that they are quite a fundemental part of the EL.

kick off time is irrelevant its not like it was on the southside or somewhere far away, its one bus/dart away!

kdjac

Don't talk crap, kick-off time is very relevant. I'm not talking about people refusing to go on the basis of spurious excuses like transport (I got out from the southside for KO), I'm talking about people going "bollox to that, I'm not getting up that early". Simple, and I don't really blame them.

Obviously the majority of Bohs fans get eleven mass on Sunday morning though.

Admit it Bateman.

Two hundred fans to a cup game, any cup game, anywhere, any time, is shameful. And a reflection on the fans too.

Nothing to do with kick off time, venue or anything else.

Big Club my arse.

Apologies if I was there and I don't see why people choose to accept John Mernock's statements as gospel. Only a blind man would say there was 200 Bohs fans there.

Bateman wrote:
    Don't talk crap, kick-off time is very relevant. I'm not talking about people refusing to go on the basis of spurious excuses like transport (I got out from the southside for KO), I'm talking about people going "bollox to that, I'm not getting up that early". Simple, and I don't really blame them.

12pm is normal kickoff for the pheno and as i said we only a kick from that, tbh 12pm on a sunday with 2 PL games from 2 onwards is a good time really.

kdjac

• Advertisement

Fair enough that you think that but I have nothing but utter comtempt for that attitude; at Bohs we call it minnowism. Changing KO time because of Premiership games? Where do you draw the line?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

I bought a ticket and didnt go, working nights the prospect of getting 3 hours sleep, watch us struggle to beat a non league side in the middle of nowhere and then head back into work really didnt appeal to me.

PDN wrote:

At least Galway had the excuse of being down to 10 men.

Bateman wrote:
    Fair enough that you think that but I have nothing but utter comtempt for that attitude; at Bohs we call it minnowism.

So what do you call taking 200 to a cup game in Malahide with the prospect of an all-dayer in Gibney's? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

Sligo Rovers playing Waterford Utd tonight at 7:45pm at the Showgrounds. Sligo really should win this game but Waterford always put up a fight and wont let Sligo have it all their own way. 1-1 last Friday in the RSC match played in very bad conditions and turned out to be a bad game.

Expect Sligo to win and be in draw for next round. When does the next round draw take place?

Draw is Monday 27th

Zebra3 wrote:
    So what do you call taking 200 to a cup game in Malahide with the prospect of an all-dayer in Gibney's? :rolleyes:

I watched some of the United game in the famous Gibney's, wouldn't be a big fan and won't be hurrying back. There weren't that many Bohs fans in Gibney's to be honest. 350 tickets were sold by Bohs in the 10 days leading up to the match. Plenty I know were paying at the gate. Don't believe everything you read on Shelsweb.

Bateman wrote:
    350 tickets were sold by Bohs in the 10 days leading up to the match.

But not all that bought a ticket went, did they? :D

How many does their ground hold?

Zebra3 wrote:
    But not all that bought a ticket went, did they? :D

How many does their ground hold?

I give up. Ask John Mernock. He has all the answers. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Looks like more than 200 to me, either way its a **** turnout but fact is it was an early morning kick off against a non league team with 2 big games on the barstool, the attendances around the country are far too poor for any team to be able to slag another.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tulikt1hE0

• Advertisement
Advertisement