Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360 Elite pricing

• 17-08-2007 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

A week from the launch date and Gamestop and Game both claim to be unsure of how much it's going to cost.

Has anyone managed to get a confirmed price from any retailer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭JCDenton

Hi folks,

Sorry to hijack this away from the Elite console, but I suppose it does relate to it a bit.

What's all this I'm hearing about HDMI ports on the Elite?

Weren't they standard beforehand anyway?

Or is it just that the Elite includes a HDMI cable in the box; which you used to have to buy seperately?

Sorry for the stupid question; I'm slower than molasses going uphill in winter - on crutches...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Elites always have HDMI ports, the stuff you're hearing about HDMI ports lately is on Premiums (the normal package with a 20GB HD). Some newer Premium kit units are appearing with HDMI ports on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

509.99 in Game. There's displays in the 360 section. Been there for more than a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

the black joypads are available already, think i am going to pick one up ... i need to buy another one anyway, may as well get the nice new black one eh? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭far2gud

These boxes are rumoured not to have the new 65nm cpu that Microsoft have been talking about. There is also rumour of new DRAM supplier moving to a 90nm part.

Overall this will keep heat down and makes sense for microsoft as it should solve the red ring of death issue.

I wouldnt buy a 499 Euro box till these parts are implemented and the problems solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

They definitely do not have 65nm core.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

JCDenton wrote:
    Hi folks,

Sorry to hijack this away from the Elite console, but I suppose it does relate to it a bit.

What's all this I'm hearing about HDMI ports on the Elite?

Weren't they standard beforehand anyway?

Or is it just that the Elite includes a HDMI cable in the box; which you used to have to buy seperately?

Sorry for the stupid question; I'm slower than molasses going uphill in winter - on crutches...

HDMI was never included on XBOX 360 before these Elites,

Now it is, and the latest Premiums are coming with it also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yes, both Argos and Smyths updated to the new price (following the price cuts), €449.99

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

Im gonna get mine on Friday then. Anyone one know if xtra vision are getting them in?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭AirDemon

Is it just me or does anyone else think this is a lot to be paying for the 360 Elite or not? I mean these price-cuts that Xbox have introduced surely can't make up for the ring of death issues.

I myself am on my third 360. Expecting to be on number 4 by about Christmas I'd say.

I think the price is fine if you are a first time 360 buyer.

But to add 2 things that should have been in there from the start (Decent HDD / HDMI) and expect current owners to rush out and buy it is a bit rich tbh.

But then it's Micro$oft so it's not surprising.

WellyJ wrote:
    I think the price is fine if you are a first time 360 buyer.

But to add 2 things that should have been in there from the start (Decent HDD / HDMI) and expect current owners to rush out and buy it is a bit rich tbh.

But then it's Micro$oft so it's not surprising.

I can't agree with you on that.
    I know 3 or 4 people in real life that have a 360 and not one of them has a HDMI capable TV.
    I know a good few from the internet that do and some of them would rather use VGA/Component because it looks better on their TV. The majority though also do not have HDMI TVs.

And I don't know anyone who needs a bigger HDD, maybe from next week depending on what we get to download through IPTV, but it most definitely wasn't needed 2 years ago.
    I don't want to have to pay for something I don't need, so why should I have had to pay more/wait longer for launch for things I don't need?

mcgovern wrote:
    I know a good few from the internet that do and some of them would rather use VGA/Component because it looks better on their TV.

That makes no sense,

How can they say that component looks better than HDMI.

I can understand people not being able to tell the difference, but to say that it looks BETTER than HDMI is silly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Can't see many existing owners getting the Elite unless Microsoft find some way or moving your saved games from the Silver 20g HDD to the Black 120g HDD on the elite !

Can't see many existing owners getting the Elite unless Microsoft find some way or moving your saved games from the Silver 20g HDD to the Black 120g HDD on the elite !

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/783/783873p1.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I have 2 360's already and will be picking up the elite on friday.

Stokolan wrote:
    I have 2 360's already and will be picking up the elite on friday.

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

good old microsoft have cut the prices for the elites too
    now quoted @ 449 in argos and 459 in smyths

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if the elite will be any quieter than the premium? It is the one and only gripe that I have with the 360. I would consider upgrading if the noise was sorted out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

WellyJ wrote:
    Why?

Because one of my 360's is Japanese and banned from live, My other has the 3 red lights and is not covered under warrenty.

So i need a new 360 to get back on live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

He wants to be like me and have 4 xbox 360s but I'll have 5 with the Elite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

If I hear reports that the Elite is quieter, I'll be trading in my Premium for one. It's getting a bit knackered now anyways, plus I've a load of Blu-Rays to trade.

Also, is there a link to get that cable? That would seal the deal if I could transfer my saves with ease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

you can get an elite with blue dragon and bioshock for 486euro at game.co.uk..

Ooooh, I'm so trading in now as I was planning to get those two anywho. Have a couple of old games to trade in too. Since I know the staff, they should let me keep my old HD for a few days to transfer stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

I dont have a link for you chrislad, but i know you can just ring MS and they send you the cable. You need an Elite serial number though

Thanks, man. I know a few of the lads in GAME so they might loan me a cable and my own HD while I transfer stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

JM MARCONI wrote:
    I dont have a link for you chrislad, but i know you can just ring MS and they send you the cable. You need an Elite serial number though

im a bit lost...what cable is it out of interest?..

also is it possible to chip the elite?

• Advertisement

im a bit lost...what cable is it out of interest?..

also is it possible to chip the elite?

Its the cable to transfer data from the old HDD to the new one.
    It should be chipable but then you'll get banned from Xbox Live, not worth it unless you have two consoles.

Advertisement