Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360 Elite pricing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

How does the trade work in regards to the contents of your HD? I see that the Elite won't come with a transfer cable and you have to fill in a form with its serial number to receive the transfer kit. So you wouldn't have any method of transferring the content at the trade in? Will people buy the Elite, register for the transfer cable, transfer content and then trade in the premium at a later date? Can you do a trade in for the premium on its own (receive cash?) or does the trade have to be done directly for the Elite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Nikk

Its weird how game are doing it. My friend works there and he said you have to buy the elite first, then they give you a transfer cable, you go home transfer your stuff and bring the cable back in with your original 360 to get your money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=7615&cm_sp=x360elite-_-topnav-_-tradeinoffer

"Already an Xbox 360 Premium Owner?

Existing Xbox 360 Premium owners can Buy Now, Trade Later, allowing them to buy a brand new HDMI-enabled Xbox 360 Elite online, transfer files from their old 360 to the Elite’s 120GB Hard Drive, then take their unwanted Xbox 360 Premium console into a GAME store to receive the guarenteed trade-in value!"

You have to get the cable from MS if that page is anything to go by, maybe Game get a few for Premium-trade in customers.

Nikk wrote:
    Its weird how game are doing it. My friend works there and he said you have to buy the elite first, then they give you a transfer cable, you go home transfer your stuff and bring the cable back in with your original 360 to get your money.

That makes sense, didn't think they would do it that way but that's good to know!
    koneko wrote:
    http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=7615&cm_sp=x360elite-_-topnav-_-tradeinoffer

"Already an Xbox 360 Premium Owner?

Existing Xbox 360 Premium owners can Buy Now, Trade Later, allowing them to buy a brand new HDMI-enabled Xbox 360 Elite online, transfer files from their old 360 to the Elite’s 120GB Hard Drive, then take their unwanted Xbox 360 Premium console into a GAME store to receive the guarenteed trade-in value!"

You have to get the cable from MS if that page is anything to go by, maybe Game get a few for Premium-trade in customers.

Yeah, there's a page somewhere on the xbox site you have to fill in with your elite serial number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

so does anyone know how much roughly you get for your old 360?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

So the trade in from the premium is 140 Pounds in UK,

What is it over here in Euro?

Cant find information online

WellyJ wrote:
    So the trade in from the premium is 140 Pounds in UK,

What is it over here in Euro?

Cant find information online

That's around €200. I suppose it's not bad if you are looking for a larger HD as it's only a few €'s more and you are getting HDMI and hopefully a more reliable and quieter console. But the price of the HD on it's own is crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭AirDemon

Stokolan wrote:
    Because one of my 360's is Japanese and banned from live, My other has the 3 red lights and is not covered under warrenty.

Didn't microsoft add a 3 year warranty to all consoles they sold. I'm pretty sure they did because they replaced mine twice and I was well out of the normal warranty. I'm pretty sure I've read it too.

Anyway this would mena your 3 red lights would be fixed.... Well replaced with a different console and the problem will be gone for a little while anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

Game give you 220 for a Premium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

My mate just told me it's 210 now. They're doing the BioShock and Blue Dragon bundle with the Elite for 505. Mine is on hold :)

• Advertisement

I going up to smyths to see what deals they are doing. Il let you guys know what they are when I get home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I was in gamestop in waterford and they couldnt give me price or bundle details as they didn't know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Voicemail in work this morning (X/Vision)

Elite will be around €469.99
    Premium to drop to around €369.99
    Core to drop to around €269.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

How can you tell if the Premium you're buying has HDMI? Gamestop are doing the Premium for 199 when trading in a PS2 and 6 games. I would definitely want a machine with HDMI though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Burago wrote:
    How can you tell if the Premium you're buying has HDMI? Gamestop are doing the Premium for 199 when trading in a PS2 and 6 games. I would definitely want a machine with HDMI though.

HDMI is marked on the box it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

You can pretty much guarantee we won't see the HDMI premiums here for a good while, they'll try and sell off the non-HDMIs first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

kinda forgot to mention argos have these in stock now since early this week, was only in work today went down and had a look, the only difference is the colour and the 120gb HD, mentions nothing about hdmi etc

price 499.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Elites always have HDMI (and the HDMI cable).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

In Gamestop the Elite is 459 Euro with Crackdown or Gears Of war and 100 euro worth of voucher. Also you can get an Elite for 199 Euro and 100 Euro worth of vouchers when you trade in you Premium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

if gamestop are doing that deal then it sounds appealing. In game they will only give you €210 for your premium 360. I am wondering though, i bought a core system at launch as i couldn't get a premium, but i have all the same bits & pieces that came in the premium package (HDD, wireless controller, headset etc) so could i trade this in as a premium? only difference is there is no silver insert on my dvd tray ... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

kinda forgot to mention argos have these in stock now since early this week, was only in work today went down and had a look, the only difference is the colour and the 120gb HD, mentions nothing about hdmi etc

price 499.99

Odd. Mine has a HDMI sticker on the front of the box, and HDMI printed on the back of the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

am i the only one who thinks this "new" version is insanely expensive,
    "no over heating problems" is hardly a new feature, bit of a joke at the same time. Saying that im happy with the premium price cut :)

Im just after getting my Elite this morning. The best deal I could find was €440 in Virgin with Bioshock. The Elite is alot quieter than the premiums by the way.

JM MARCONI wrote:
    The best deal I could find was €440 in Virgin with Bioshock. .

Almost makes me wish there was actually still a Virgin within reasonable distance of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

JM MARCONI wrote:
    Im just after getting my Elite this morning. The best deal I could find was €440 in Virgin with Bioshock. The Elite is alot quieter than the premiums by the way.

Yeah I was surprised at how quiet it was myself got it for 459 in gamestop with GOW

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Can someone please tell me the deals going around
    for the elite & the premium
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

Virgin are selling the elite with a choice of two games from a selection of six for €440. I bought one with Crackdown and Blue Dragon. Don't like Blue Dragon one bit though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

WellyJ wrote:
    Why?
    Good question...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Are Virgin Megastores doing any trade in deals because that €440 deal sounds nice and would be even better if they are doing a decent trade in.

• Advertisement

BFassassin wrote:
    Are Virgin Megastores doing any trade in deals because that €440 deal sounds nice and would be even better if they are doing a decent trade in.

Unless Virgin have started selling preowned games and hardware, no.

Advertisement