Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone play flatout 2 online?

Options
  • 17-08-2007 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Anyone got this game? Anyone play it online.

Its a great game, it doesn't go overboard on the SIM stuff, but then it doesn't try to be too unrealistic either. Plus it allows damage.

Its good playing online but its mostly against Germans and Scandinavians on the servers. Any of you Irish lads play it online? Want to meet up for a race some time?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Yeah i was addicted to it a while ago, mental game no better feeling then slamming your opponent into a wall and watching him pop tru the windscreen :d

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

dya still play it? It is a great game, the party mode is good when I have friends over, shooting the driver out of the wind shield and skipping him along the water like a stone... it shouldn't be funny but it is :D

Would you still play it online?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

L31mr0d wrote:
    it shouldn't be funny but it is :D
    You... monster!!!

It's designed to convince young male driver to slow down - by showing them the consequences of reckless driving! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I have the 360 version, which they called flat out "ultimate carnage" for some reason. Great fun but I don't have a live subscription at the moment. I don't play it enough to warrant spending money on it. I like to attain the bulldozer award for most trackside destruction :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

I only play online with friends, and i'm pretty brutal at the game.

Good laugh though, some of the crashes in the game can be crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Weird coincidence for me: This is the only game I've been playing for the past two weeks or so! :) Dug out my old force-feedback steering wheel and pedals, have the subwoofer up nice and loud... Great fun!

Haven't tried it online yet at all, must do that soon!

@Stephen: Ultimate carnage is the new version of Flatout, its not Flatout 2, they are releasing ultimate carnage for the PC in a few weeks.

@Folex, Dregon, KdjaCL:
    Ok so you all play Flatout 2. Want to meet up online to race, or have a few Schoolbus derbys? :D

Anyone else play it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

L31mr0d - I've played both the PC and 360 versions and it seems to me to just be flatout 2 with a couple of bells and whistles added (such as a couple of extra cars in each race). Same tracks and all.

huh then its funny they are releasing the pc version of ultimate carnage? maybe its an expansion pack or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

I've heard that Ultimate Carnage has a larger range of cars and tracks compared to Flatout 2. I suppose that does make it more of an expansion pack than a new game, but I'll still be buying it. I love the physics and the general smashy-uppy feeling to this franchise! :)

Lemirod, I'd be up for that sometime. Never tried the online mode before. Evenings in general are best for me, from about 19:30 onwards. I'm also free after half seven... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

same as folex, after 7:30, any day of the week i can play :)

Advertisement