Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

attic insulation

Options
  • 17-08-2007 3:10pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

can anyone recommend a company, in the finglas aread, to re-insulate the attic and put a floor down? i would say the current stuff has been there for about 30 years.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭plasto

try www.bakerins.ie for the insulation and get a recommended carpenter to do the flooring.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 dannyhandy

i am a registered carpenter and would be glad to give you a qoute on the attic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

irishbird wrote:
    can anyone recommend a company, in the finglas aread, to re-insulate the attic and put a floor down? i would say the current stuff has been there for about 30 years.

thanks

unless the old stuff has been infested with mice droppings or similiar it can be left there and just add additional insulation.
    There are lots of folks out there who have ripped off people by insisting on removing the old stuff and expecting the owner to get rid of it.

also there are noise issues to consider if the attic is used for anything but storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Have a look here.

Advertisement