Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reptile keeping

Options
  • 17-08-2007 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

ok, need your advice on this.

i used to keep tropical fish a few years ago but now the tank is not used and not realy a pretty site anymore :(

the tank is 60cm X 30cm

i was wondering if this is good enough to hold a reptile eg small lizard or somthing and if not what would i need to get.

i have sand ornaments etc.. and i have a underwater heater if i could use that, though the light on the tank give a lot of heat too.

also what reptile would you recommend for a beginner
    tnx in advance

raz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

A leopard Gecko maybe.
    http://members.aol.com/msnick1/leopardgeckos.html
    Handy to care for and cool to look at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 reptileguy16

you have a couple of choices for your set-up i personally would go for a leopard gecko .but but you could also have a group of green anoles just add a bit of greenery like plastic plants and use bark instead of sand. or you could have a small agama of some kind. or maybe a cornsnake or kingsnake. no matter what you choose you are going to need a heat matt and a thermostat. good look chooseing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 munsterchick

[QUOTE=
    iand i have a underwater heater if i could use that, though the light on the tank give a lot of heat too.

[/QUOTE]

If keeping reps you won't need the UNDERWATER heater, if you use this while not in water, the glass outer will break as the thermostat in the heater won't switch it off, ;)

Advertisement