Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keziah Jones appreciation thread

Options
  • 17-08-2007 3:36pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey y'all.

I did a quick search on the Boards for Keziah Jones, and he was only mentioned once, by Dr Loon. That was 5 years ago! Please someone tell me you've heard of blufunk? Anyone?

Now I don't necessary like every single one of his songs - He was apparently under the thumb of his label at some point, and you can sometimes hear in albums like African Spacecraft and Liquid Sunshine that they were looking for a new jimi.

But if you like funk, you need to listen to Blufunk Is A Fact. That album is a milestone in my own musical life, up there with Curtis Mayfield's Superfly, Fela Kuti's Roforofo etc. Yeah, I kow, that's open for debate, but it's a personal choice.

Check out his videos on youtube, they're well worth it.
    www.keziahjones.com , www.myspace.com/keziahjones , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9198_8094uY

So? Has anybody here heard of him ?

Advertisement