Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No IT Sligo option in Edu dropdown

Options
  • 17-08-2007 4:00pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The recently created IT Sligo forum has not been added to the Edu dropdown. It's no big deal, I just thought I'd inform you guys.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

hit F5 a couple of times.. it takes a while for all of the servers to show it, it was the same for the Wexford forum, took a month before it always showed up!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Impatient much?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It's normally an overnight thing I think.

But yeah, ffs - give it a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

The menu is static. It gets rebuilt overnight. New forums don't appear in it until that happens. You should see it tomorrow.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

petes wrote:
    Impatient much?

Like I said I couldn't really give a sh!t just thought I'd bring it up though. I only use the subbed drop down, never use the others.

• Advertisement

It's still not there. NOW it's a bug.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Talliesin wrote:
    It's still not there. NOW it's a bug.

NO. Now it's time for me to go all fight the powah. :D

Excellent. Can I join in? I've been enjoying my new non-mod status by spending 100% of my time on boards actually posting, but haven't gotten around to fighting da powah yet.

So. WTF is this all about? Don't want to highlight IT Sligo? Think it's not good enough to be on an equal footing with Trinity and UCD? Ashamed to have a forum for it? Bunch of snobby bastards with nothing but your alma mater's prestige to boost your egos. Stop the conspiracy and give Sligo it's due.

(How'd I do?)

Talliesin wrote:
    Excellent. Can I join in? I've been enjoying my new non-mod status by spending 100% of my time on boards actually posting, but haven't gotten around to fighting da powah yet.

So. WTF is this all about? Don't want to highlight IT Sligo? Think it's not good enough to be on an equal footing with Trinity and UCD? Ashamed to have a forum for it? Bunch of snobby bastards with nothing but your alma mater's prestige to boost your egos. Stop the conspiracy and give Sligo it's due.

(How'd I do?)

It's generally a given to have someone on your side in these fight da powah threads and I have a former mod so the help is much appreciated. It's a good start. I like the whole snobbery thing. It works very well. I like the conspiracy part. It's like you're suggesting that the admins had to make the forum because it had a load of support but want to see it fail. Good stuff. I think I might go down the line of the amins being lazy and to busy enjoying all the cash that boards makes to care about the users. All right hear it goes.

This is fúcking rediculous. It's been 24 hours (YES THAT LONG!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:) since the IT Sligo forum has been made and since I made my original complaint about the fact that it's not in the drop down menus and still nothing has been done. This is so ****ing typical of the attitude of the admins on this site that I don't know why I am surprised.

Also I've noticed that not a single admin has posted on this thread. Are you too busy spending all the money I generate for you or do you just not care. If it's the latter you should at least pretend to give a shít about a user like me who has been here a very long time (nearly a month now). If it's the former than I must ask do you feel even the slightest bit guilty that the people who pay your wages have serious problems with your site and when they try to get them sorted, you are out buying a new diamond encrusted rolex for yourself.

It's bad enough the trouble I had to go through to get this forum. I had to set up a thread to gain support for it to see if enough people would use it. What the **** is that about??????????? Just create every god damn forum I tell you to you lazy bastards. I pay your fúcking wages you cúnt. I bet if some no life bastard with 80000 post wanted a forum it would get made at the drop of a hat yet if I want a forum to discuss pencils(why hasn't this been made yet I sent you a strongly worded PM about it) it never gets made. And to think people think Hitler was bad, they've obviously never been here before.

And to any wanker with 80000000 posts who's going to yap on about how this admins are busy and that these things take time you should know that anyone with over 1000 posts has no life and is a super-uber-geek who spends all his time materbating over a picture of a motherboard.

[/end 'fight da powah']

Phew that took a lot out of me.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Very impressive AC, I reckon you could make a few quid pimping yourself out as a "fight the powah" post writer. All people would need to do is provide you with a few details about what their actual grievance is and a tenner and you're in business.

• Advertisement

zaph wrote:
    Very impressive AC, I reckon you could make a few quid pimping yourself out as a "fight the powah" post writer. All people would need to do is provide you with a few details about what their actual grievance is and a tenner and you're in business.

Good idea zaph. Off I go to spam every board with my new service. :)

I didn't read any of that AC, but YORE MA.

petes wrote:
    I didn't read any of that AC, but YORE MA.

Thank for that petes. :D

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Good idea zaph. Off I go to spam every board with my new service. :)
    Don't bother writing a new one every time, just write a script to insert the details automatically and let people do it themselves. Charge a fee for the privilege.

No point in putting all that talent to waste!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

'fight da powah'

AC, you need some pictures of cats.

CuLT wrote:
    Don't bother writing a new one every time, just write a script to insert the details automatically and let people do it themselves. Charge a fee for the privilege.

No point in putting all that talent to waste!

You're right. It would save me a lot of time which I could use to perfect the post. Any suggestions as to what I should add to the post above that might please my customers? I'd definitely have to incorporate talliesin's post.

@ smashey- This thread really does need some cat pictures to make it a true fight da powah thread but it would be bad if the person fighting the power had to put up their own cat pictures.

owl$.jpg

petes wrote:
    owl$.jpg
    Funny looking cat.

Orly?

Here's one to get you started AC

1185211632-1185040289719.b.jpg

• Advertisement

I think this is the BGRH bar cat

1185211632-1182609285688.b.jpg

petes wrote:
    owl$.jpg

Is that owl cat? :D

All right back in to 'fight da powah' mode.

What the hell is wrong with you??????? I come here to raise a very important issus to the admins and all you can to is post up somme stupid picture. At least I can take solice in the fact that your intellectual capacity has been seriously reduced. It would have to be for you to even consider posting on this useless site.

[/fight da powah]

zaph wrote:
    I think this is the BGRH bar cat

1185211632-1182609285688.b.jpg

First owls now cats. Do you have some sort of animal fetish??????????? FREAK!!!!!!!!!!!

[/fight da powah]

I like the whole snobbery thing. It works very well. I like the conspiracy part. It's like you're suggesting that the admins had to make the forum because it had a load of support but want to see it fail. Good stuff.
    It's important in any true fight-da-powah effort to ascribe motives to the admins and/or mods in question with absolutely zero evidence (or better yet, with evidence counter to it).

I realise though that I shouldn't have used the word "alma mater". I think it's a term that wouldn't be used in a primary school essay, and therefore has no place in a fight da powah rant.

Also, with the exception of "da" and "powah" I spelt it correctly.
    petes wrote:
    owl$.jpg
    We were just talking about the way owls had been almost completely displaced by the lol-cat phenomenon. How timely.

Talliesin wrote:

Also, with the exception of "da" and "powah" I spelt it correctly.

There were paragraphs as well and good grammer and puctutation so in the future we would need to work on this to make it a proper fight da powah thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Where's Aine Chambers when she's really needed...

There were paragraphs as well and good grammer and puctutation so in the future we would need to work on this to make it a proper fight da powah thread.
    Pity about the spelling. :D

i is workign on it. i have been a mod for mny yrs and is not used to not Bing corrupt.
    now i is not powah mad wankre I hav 2 adapt

smashey wrote:
    Pity about the spelling. :D

Ah nuts.

• Advertisement

And even he missed how you spelt grammar. LOL.

Advertisement