Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

line-in recorder

Options
  • 17-08-2007 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a relatively cheap device that can record to a digital format? I moved my PC to a different room and I want to record Dj sets from my decks. The only suitable solution I've some up with so far are those multi-track recorders but they're about €200-300. Anyone with cheaper alternatives would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

A minidisk recorder should do the trick. You might need an s/pdif input on your computer if you want to transfer stuff over in digtal though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

A minidisk would indeed do the trick but it is not the best option as it compresses the audio data, hence you lose a little quality.

Recording to your PC via a good quality audio interface/soundcard would really be the best and most economical option. There are high quality hard disk recorders on the market but they are quite expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Thanks for the advice guys. It wouldn't be worth it to invest in a MD player but could I rig up an extended stereo lead that would be say about 30-35 feet long or would the signal deteriorate over that distance of cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Its likely you would experience some loss of signal quality over a stereo cable but I've no idea how noticeable/bad it would be. Balanced cables wouldn't be an option but shielded cables might help somewhat.

Advertisement