Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knitting for premature babies...

Options
  • 17-08-2007 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

I was wondering if any of you mums or dads would be able to help me out.. ive heard of the knitting for premature babies program... id love to be involved however ive searched and searched and cant find anyone i can contact about it...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,344 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I would try the www.rollercoaster.ie site they have a special section for premature babies in their discussion forum, so you may get more responses.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭uncle ernie

surely their fingers would be too small

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

niavie wrote:
    I was wondering if any of you mums or dads would be able to help me out.. ive heard of the knitting for premature babies program... id love to be involved however ive searched and searched and cant find anyone i can contact about it...

Can you let me know if you find out? I've searched a bit before but couldn't find anything irish based.

Here are some uk resources
    knitting for charity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭niavie

its just little vests and blankets and that kinda thing... they used to do it in ty in my old school...ive searched everywhere and its so frustrating because i know it exists.. im just not having any luck...

Emma Harrington Foundation - knitters needed!
    There's 2,000 premature babies born in Ireland each year and keeping them warm is vital. But finding clothing for babies weighing less than five pounds is almost impossible.

Emma Harrington died earlier this year aged eight months. She only weighed two and a half pounds when she was born. Her parents are setting up a foundation in her name to raise money for an echocardiograph machine in Cork and Dublin, which monitors the flow of blood and the behaviour of heart valves in very small babies.

They're looking for as many people as possible to knit tiny booties, hats, mittens, socks and blankets to help raise money. You can contact Bernie (Emma's mum) on 087 9189 635.

• Advertisement

the above is all i can find and i think its about a year old...

Where did you fnid that info Niavie? I think I'd feel a bit funny about ringing someone's mobile. I'm also not sure the knitting helps to raise money :confused:

I'll look them up!

yeah im like yourself... feel a bit dodgy callin a mobile...i found it on the rte radio website i google knitting programme for premature babies in ireland and it was the first thing that came up...couldnt find a website tho which is a bit weird in this day and age...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

I'll look it at the weekend as i know Emma's mother's family really well (we grew up together). One of the women in the village knits for them. I'd love to do it also but i'm a basic knitter and have only a handful of stitches. Like theres no way i could do a matinee jacket as its so intricate. I'll let ye know anyway when i get the info. Bernie is a lovely approchable lady.

I was thinking of actually ringing into the local PBU and asking them. My daughter spent 3 weeks in the PBU so I would love to do something for them. I'll let you know if I find anything out. I think I posted about this on the arts and craft forum but no-one replied :(

• Advertisement

:) thanks guys...keep me posted!!

I'll look it at the weekend as i know Emma's mother's family really well (we grew up together). One of the women in the village knits for them. I'd love to do it also but i'm a basic knitter and have only a handful of stitches. Like theres no way i could do a matinee jacket as its so intricate. I'll let ye know anyway when i get the info. Bernie is a lovely approchable lady.

Thanks Mrs Mac G, tha'd be great.

Advertisement