Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Barber.

Options
  • 17-08-2007 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else been to the new one on Denmark Street? It's called Retro. Well smart place, looks the mutt's nuts when you walk through the door.

Service is great too, very friendly and the cuts are great too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Havent been there now, i went to this place beside the old quarter, cant remember the name, think its italien name, anyway i got a really good cut in there, nice staff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

try barberellos in dooradoyle not a bad cut there too.. and the lads are sound.. bit outside town but if ya live that direction why not!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

How much do Retro cost, Kess?

I've been going to Knights on Catherine Street (they always do a great job, but their price has been creeping up over the last couple of years).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I've been using modern man, but price has also gone slowly upwards

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Patsi's all the way! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

God find that modern man have increased their prices 3 times in ten years not too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

TmB wrote:
    How much do Retro cost, Kess?

I've been going to Knights on Catherine Street (they always do a great job, but their price has been creeping up over the last couple of years).

Depends on what you are getting done. My wash, cut etc was €17.

Well worth a check by anyone who want's to try somewhere new, and still get a great cut/styling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Havent been there now, i went to this place beside the old quarter, cant remember the name, think its italien name, anyway i got a really good cut in there, nice staff too.

You must be talking about Rossini's there Limerick Dude. Great place, although not cheap (€21). I tend to go there late on Saturday evenings though, as its really busy during the day. Actually one of the ladies from Rossini's now works in Retro, very pro. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

DaVinci's in Foxes Bow , Sound lads and good hair cut and prices .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Yeah Rossini's is the place, a guy in there, think he's latvian, he knows what he is doing, gives me a great cut any time i go in there.

Used to switch between Modern Man and Figaro's bt i've stopped going to them entirly, too many bad barbers in each of them who have no idea what they are doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

DaVinci's in Foxes Bow is a good spot, Darren there used to work in modern man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

DaVinci's in Foxes Bow is a good spot, Darren there used to work in modern man.

cuz u are a modern man blast..

Advertisement