Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Islam in Spanish

• 17-08-2007 6:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭

Salam to all!

Was just wondering there if someone here might be able to help me out with something. I'm trying to get a good website that introduces Islam in Spanish for a friend of a friend of mine but I'm having trouble finding one on google.

Preferably, I'd like to have one that it's in English as well as Spanish so that I can review the material first before I send on the link (seeing as I can't speak Spanish :)).

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭blackthorn

Salam MR,

Just yesterday I was reading Suhaib Webb's blog and noticed he had a Spanish page here. Didn't think it would come in handy quite so quick! The second article looks like it might be useful to your non Muslim friend:
    "La Importancia de la Taqwa"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭the_new_mr

Salam Blackthorn.

Thanks very much sister. I should have thought of Suhaib Webb.

The blog appears to be more oriented towards Muslims while I was looking for something a little more introductory for a non-Muslim. Do you or anyone else know of a site like that?

Still, that second article looks good enough for a start. Thanks again.

Try this one. Here is the same page in English

Thanks sister.

I'm going to sound very annoying now so let me apologise in advance :)

I know the islam-guide website. Only thing is that that this page of the guide is kind of in-your-face for non-Muslims and you could say it's like using scare tactics. I've talked to a non-Muslim about this before and also to a Muslim who reverted to Islam alhamdlilAlah (thank God) and they both said how they never liked hearing the "If you don't believe, you're going to hell for sure" statement.

What are your thoughts?

I would probably give people the credit of realising it's only a bare-bones summary of a vast topic, and would expect them to want to read wider than one or two websites. The bigger potential problem here is - how are you going to answer any questions that your friend has after reading about Islam, since you don't speak Spanish?

• Advertisement

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's just that things like what's written in chapter 2 section 2 can often be a turn-off for people and they may even stop reading. Do you mind if I ask if you ever came across this kind of thing when reading about Islam and what your feelings were about it? Sorry if it's a personal question.

As it happens, the person's English is good enough to chat on msn and stuff. I've never chatted to myself but my friend has so I'm only going on what he says. I sent on a link to readingislam.com (the former Discover Islam link from islamonline.net) It's really well written but is only in English unfortunately.

mr wrote:
    Do you mind if I ask if you ever came across this kind of thing when reading about Islam and what your feelings were about it?

Seems like a long time ago now, but I just devoured any information I could get my hands on. You get a sense of what rings true and what doesn't, and maybe that's because of guidance or maybe intuition, sorry I can't describe it better.

Advertisement