Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CompTIA A+ ( which college )?

Options
  • 17-08-2007 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm just looking for opinions on www.dorset-college.ie and www.bct.ie college? I've narrowed them both down and will be applying in the next couple of weeks to take the CompTIA A+ on a part-time basis.

I jsut wondering if there are any posters here who have attended either college or know of friends, family etc.

Thks for the replys in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Id also be interested in recomendations.. Looking to apply for the A+ myself soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭silvo

I did it through Fas NetCollege and found the course to be very good - easy to read GUI and much cheaper than any of the other courses

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭bheart65

Hi all,

I did the Comptia A+ and Network+ certs as part of a full-time FAS course. To be honest, I have found employers to prefer Microsoft qualifications such as MCSE/MCSA. They are definitely thought more of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 BocArdee

Hey,

Wouldnt bother forking out about 2k for this course, get yourself a good self study book from Sybex\Prentice Hall etc and you should fly through it in 2 months or so.

A+ on its own isn't gonna do much for a career in I.T. for you though if you have little or no understanding of computers would be a decent starting point, also if you intend to get Microsoft qualifications will help you...

You could also go the CBT (Computer Based Training) route. Basically video files with a guy training / lecturing. These are excellent have used them for Cisco and Oracle certifications..

Have a look at www.cbtnuggets.com, then say "Holy fcuk" I aint paying that much and go to www.cbtworld.net and buy them for like $10. Some guy in India sends them over in DVD/CD format. All legit.....hehe.

Good look with your stuides....

Advertisement