Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

accomodation

Options
  • 17-08-2007 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm moving to college in UL this September and would like advice on
    accommodation.

I wouldn't mind staying in the student accommodation on campus. Whats your advice?

Which is the best place to stay?

Will it be hard to find places? or will I have to get a house and if so where are the best estates?

Will I be able to get info from the accommodation office in UL?

All comments welcome. Thanks!

N

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

applications for on campus including first years closed a few months back i think.

the open day for people who applied and have rooms booked is tomorrow

you might be able to get your name on a cancellation list otherwise see the accomadation sticky for other places near the college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Galway1987

As far as i know, Cappavilla, Thomond, Drumroe & Kilmurry are booked out, dunno about Plassey but id say it is too... You should try one of the surrounding Student housing estates. Elm park, Groodey, College Court etc, Student Services may have a number for them, good luck.

just accepted my course offer and on campus in kilmurry cant effin wait

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

Groody, The courtyard and brookfield, 200 on the waiting list for the on campus accomadation,(so i was informed this morning) and about 1/2 of the houses in the green booklet are now booked out aswell.

I got a place this morning, but i will never be letting it this late again:eek:

Claasman

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

PeakOutput wrote:
    just accepted my course offer and on campus in kilmurry cant effin wait

Woo my homie, same as! Kilmurray and all despite the fact on the open day it looked like a glorified trabolgan....

• Advertisement

cson wrote:
    Woo my homie, same as! Kilmurray and all despite the fact on the open day it looked like a glorified trabolgan....

ye but thats because there is no soul in any place with no people living there. i picked kilmurry coz its the closest to the arena i just pray that i get a double bed now as i am honestly too tall for a single.

other than that the only thing i need to get over is every other first year being 2/3 years younger than me and im laughing id say the craic is gonna be fkin awesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

the two to 3 years older thing wont matter at alll .. guy in my course was 24 when we started i think and 2 of the lasds were 20 acted as if they were the same age as the rest of us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Czarina

I lived in Kilmurry in first year and Brookfield in second year and would thoroughly recommend both!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 PearlsOfLight

PeakOutput wrote:
    i just pray that i get a double bed now as i am honestly too tall for a single.

Do you get a choice? Cause I'm honestly too small for a double!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

could anyone tell me how often does the shuttlebus between Brookfield and the college run?
    Their website wasn't very informative.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Dan133269 wrote:
    could anyone tell me how often does the shuttlebus between Brookfield and the college run?
    Their website wasn't very informative.

It's every 20 mins I think (Or at least it was 3 years ago, when I lived there).

Advertisement