Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prem Fixtures and Fittings Thread (scores included)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

FFS! Newstalk spent money buying broadcast rights and they keep fecking over to some GAA match for updates! :mad:

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

What happened exactly guys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Sounds like a long-range effort from Dunn that Lehmann let slip through his fingers.

Fiery affair apparently. Nelson has just been sent off for a foul on Van Persie. Pederson escaped punishment for a stamp on Fabregas' head as well, must catch that one later. Even Wenger and Hughes have had a couple of exchanges.

Just saw Lehmanns mistake.

ROFL

Frantic stuff! C'mon Pool

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

WTF is the ref at.

WOrst penalty decision I've ever seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Jebus thats a shocking decision for a peno.

kdjac

rofl @ rob styles

That is just wrong

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

its Finann!!

The ref couldnt have been in a better position either. Thats an absolute disgrace of a referee.

I'm surprise3d he didnt send Agger off for dangerous play or something.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Oh dear, Rob Styles has lost the plot

I'd feel harsh if it was a Liverpool player but how as that only a yellow for Lampard? A tackle went in and he involved himself in somethign that didnt have anything to do with him by kicking Alonso, off the ball.

Half expected Styles to send off 3 or 4, mabe the too keepers.:)

Do we not get a peno for that obstruction by Benayoun? It was nearly in thebox, c'mon styles, be consistant. :D

Did Rob Styles get a bang on the head?

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Did Rob Styles get a bang on the head?

Mike.

I think he was born like that. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

jesus, hes having a shocker.

Am I wrong in thinking at least 1 player should have went there? Did he not book Ben Haim, Malouda and Terry or at least 2 of them

Stekelly wrote:
    Am I wrong in thinking at least 1 player should have went there? Did he not book Benayoun, Malouda and Terry or at least 2 of them
    Terry got booked seperately. Styles has forgot to send off either Ben Haim or Essien.

Disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I dont think the rules apply in this game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I'm dumbfounded by this.

• Advertisement

zabbo wrote:
    Terry got booked seperately. Styles has forgot to send off either Ben Haim or Essien.

Disgrace.

Yeah, sorry meant Essien. I knew someone should have walked though.

It'll be some achievement if we actually won this. Playing 12 men, one of which is the ref, when it should be 9 or 10.

Shreeves just on saying Styles says he only booked Terry, Sure Terry was nowhere near when ha handed Torres the ball and waved the card at Ben haim or Essien (cant remember who was standign in fron tof him)

Deliberate hand ball and no card.

Crouchy on.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

He booked Terry only...even after raising the card twice?...dear lord.

FFS this just gets worse. Even when theres no contact those are usually gimme corners,

had a look at the yellow cards again, and it's unclear who the card is for, it's certainly not for JT.

All you want is the refs to get the big decisions right, but thats a shocker.

Hopefully we can win this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Shocking shocking peno decesion, shocking. Deserves a spell in the lower leagues for that, shocking.

I guess a draw is an ok result, better than a Chelsea win, I guess. Chelsea 5 points ahead, Liverpool 2 with a game in hand. Arsenal 2 points ahead with a game in hand.. Considering our start, it could have been worse.

Pah, robbed by Styles. You know the Ref association will say and do nothing.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Well Gerrard said last week that ref's decision's even themselves out over the season, that was when he was asked about the free he got to score the winner against the Villa which wasn't a free, well he didn't have to wait long, that penalty was never a penalty but I could go on about referee's all day.

irish1 wrote:
    Well Gerrard said last week that ref's decision's even themselves out over the season, that was when he was asked about the free he got to score the winner against the Villa which wasn't a free, well he didn't have to wait long, that penalty was never a penalty but I could go on about referee's all day.

You'l se a hell of a lot more free kicks given like Gerrard got last week than complete disgraces of decisions like today. The only way that could have been a fould was for Malouda jumping on Finnan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

bit different with a free from 30 yards, and a penalty and not sending off a player who has been booked twice

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Absolute ****ing disgrace.
    That guy should be given a 3 match ban and fined a week's wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Well he has said he didn't book him and I don't know what he could have been booked for again tbh.

It was never a penalty never in a million years and the worse part is the ref didn't even have the balls to come on TV and explain it. Lets just hope Gerrard is right and Chelsea get a few decision against them during the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

Well i feel they were robbed but i would have taken a draw befrore hand so i cant complain too much. As said the penalty decision was one of the worst i've ever seen. Stiles had an awful awful game. Otherwise i was happy with the performance, dominated chelsea for the most part and you knew mourinhio considered a draw a good result when he put alex on for... malouda was it?

Torres and Kuyt are forming a good partnership, gerrard belongs in the middle, pennant is improving and the defence is still excellent. Alonso is the only one who wasn't up to the pace of it imo, would have preferred to see mascherano in there.

The performance gives me optimism, the result pisses me off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I felt Riise was very poor as a left winger again. How many chances did he squander? Plus wasted another scorable free kick by drilling it straight at the wall. Surely Harry Kewell will take that left flank from him when he returns? Pity Babel didnt start out there because he played well when he came on, then have Benayoun on the bench and leave Riise at home altogether.
    Also, why isnt Voronin making the bench? Surely he'd have been more effective than Crouch as a super sub?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,081 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I felt Riise was very poor as a left winger again. How many chances did he squander? Plus wasted another scorable free kick by drilling it straight at the wall. Surely Harry Kewell will take that left flank from him when he returns? Pity Babel didnt start out there because he played well when he came on, then have Benayoun on the bench and leave Riise at home altogether.
    Also, why isnt Voronin making the bench? Surely he'd have been more effective than Crouch as a super sub?

given the timing and conditions, Crouch was the perfect choice, we were just thumping balls into the box anyway at that point was better to have someone who will win 90% of them. Having said that he didnt find a man a lot of the time which makes his height pointless. He really doesnt seem on great form at the moment.

Ridiculous from Styles though, he effectively just gave chelsea a draw for no reason. Besides the penalty they didnt have a single shot on target, and we still get punished! Its actually just typical. Pool do everything right and still get no rewards. Reminds me of the other stupid decision against chelsea, when the free on the edge of the box was given for Reina "handling outside the area on the kick out". So crap it was almost funny. Almost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

all i can say is what the **** just happened today?

Wonder when we'll start seeing pics of Styles in a Chelsea jersey. :)

Stekelly wrote:
    http://server3.uploadit.org/files/dbrjoey5-Chelsea_celeb_v_Liverpool_2007_558040.jpg

ha ha ha

• Advertisement

RE*AC*TOR wrote:

:D

Jyst looking at the Arse - Bla game. Both goals were fairly comical.

Just saw Lehmann's howler on MOTD2. Gave me a smile after re-watching the derby highlights! I wonder if Wenger will be dipping back into the transfer market, or bringing in the Fabianski chap a bit earlier than expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Yeah, just one week into the season and we've had a load of ****ty reffing decisions and goalie calamities. Crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Stekelly wrote:

Short memories. Liverpool got to a CL final through a refereeing howler - Garcia v Chelsea. What goes around comes around. Gerrard was right :D

nipplenuts wrote:
    Short memories. Liverpool got to a CL final through a refereeing howler - Garcia v Chelsea.

You shouldn't believe everything Jose Mourinho says.

good point nipplenuts.

oh wait, hold on . . . you're just trying to annoy people. funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Didn't see much of the game yesterday but have been watching the replay on Sky Sports. There's no doubting Liverpool were the better team. Benitez seems to have a hoodoo over Mourinho recently.

It definitely wasn't a penalty. That said, Liverpool fans weren't complaining last season when the same thing happened against Sheffield United and they got a penalty that shouldn't have been given.

On a side note, what are Arsenal going to do about Lehmann? A second mistake in one week and this one was costly for the team. Blackburn deserved a draw but I'd imagine Lehmann can't afford another error in the next few games or Arsene will be looking for a new 'keeper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

. you're just trying to annoy people. funny

I am pointing out a perspective. Ref screw up, sometimes very big. Now Liverpool were done out of two points, no arguing with that, but in the recent past they accrued a CL final place through poor refereeing - gotta be worth more than two points dropped at the start of the season.

And if I annoy you, I apologise, it is not my intent - I have no idea who you are!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

nipplenuts wrote:
    gotta be worth more than two points dropped at the start of the season.

Jesus christ, what the hell are you on about? Do you accept that there was two outcomes to that situation, either
    a goal given
    OR
    a peno and a red card

And if so, wouldn't most people prefer the latter? For crying out loud, if I was a Liverpool fan I would have been pissed off the latter wasn't given, and I remember quite a few were.
    Why in the hell do people keep bringing this up, it's just stupid.

Whos to say that just because Cech would have been sent off that Liverpool would have scored the penalty and went on to win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

~Rebel~ wrote:
    Reminds me of the other stupid decision against chelsea, when the free on the edge of the box was given for Reina "handling outside the area on the kick out". So crap it was almost funny. Almost.

Was that not Bolton ? And the scored from the free kick ?
    Archimedes wrote:
    Whos to say that just because Cech would have been sent off that Liverpool would have scored the penalty and went on to win?

What would you prefer as a supporter ? A player sent off and a keeper coming in cold who's first job is to save a pen, probably sacrificing an attacking player to do so, or a goal and the whole of the team to push on and score one against the pushovers that liverpool are (nice to see you back on the trolling circuit Arch)

• Advertisement
Advertisement