Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Renderware issue

• 17-08-2007 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Dunno if anyone else gets this all teh renderware games i have seem to develop a god damn game ruining mother****ing pain in the the god damn hole glitch.

Crackdown was 1st with levels just disappearing leaving me running or fighting on nothingness vs people who were floating in mid air but not really.

Now Saints Row doing the same but at least in Crackdown i could move, the game actually not the game i freeze when in cars and on a mission and rest of the game world still goes on leaving me sitting in an invisible car with time running out and police everywhere.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Happened to me in Saints Row but never in Crackdown. Its the game trying to load new areas when you are moving through the world. If you outrun it, it gets frazzled.

Only way to avoid it is to slow down when you notice it starting. :/

EDIT: Saints Row isn't built on Renderware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Flashes up when loading, i think :confused:

Looks like it is tho.

kdjac

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think it's just a problem with games that stream data and textures on the xbox 360. I've a very bad feeling that the DVD drives in the xbox 360 are very bad quality and there are going to be complaints of PS2 type disc read errors in 6 months or so. Even when my console was relatively new I would sometimes wander into a room in GoW to be greeted with some N64 era textures while the disc drive struggled to load the hi res textures. Games like Crackdown and Saints Row stream a lot more data off the disc so will suffer even more than GoW and I've seen Crackdown do the same to me a few times. Hopefully MS will start letting devs put the games on Hard Disk for better access times in streaming games. I'd say it's your DVD drive on it's way out.

Advertisement