Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer programming books for sale

• 17-08-2007 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

HI - I am a ex-student from Carlow IT and am looking to sell a lot of the computer books I orginally bought for my course.

I mostly have books on C/C++ and game programming with a few general books on Unix, networking etc thrown in. The books have been sitting on my shelf since I finished my course so they are in good condition.

If anyone out there is interested in buying second hand books for their course/general interest, then let me know and I will post the full list!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,650 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Oh sure im in that course... give us the list for a peeksy

• Registered Users Posts: 10 theObserver

Here you go:

Programming Role Playing games with DirectX
    Mastering Unix
    Design Patterns
    Effective C++
    More Effective C++
    Software Engineering - A practitioners approach
    Web Database Applications
    The C programming Language
    Hacking Exposed (third edition)
    AI Techniques for game programming
    More Javascript
    Tricks of the Windows game Programming Gurus
    HTML : The Definitve Guide
    The Indie game development Survival Guide
    Core Techniques and Algorithms in game programming.
    Modern Information Retreival
    Networking Complete
    Turbo Pascal
    Programming in Cobol.
    Game Programming Gems 1

*pant*

How is Carlow these days? Scraggs still as popular as ever?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,650 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I wouldnt know which ones I'd need for about a month, but praytell what are the pricetags? I know we're doing Sharp this year, and I might look at the Directx and hack books.

Hows the indie guide and the AI book?

Never been to Scraggs but once and I didnt stay but for a quick pint ^_^ it was insanely crowded though so the answer to your question must be yes. I never went out a lot because I made a terrible mistake of working in the foundry >_> so I was usually working while others drank - I cried when I had to work during the bikini beach party...and the rest of rag week. **** that job.

Advertisement