Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed with DCU course

Options
  • 17-08-2007 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi, your help here would be greatly appreciated.

I put down Computer Applications 'DC121'.
    This is a course I really want to do but the minimum grade for maths is Ordinary C3. Unfortunately Paper 1 didn't go my way and I managed to get a D1.

I have the points for the course. I would love to go and start the course this year but what can I do? Is the only option, repeat the Maths next year and re-apply?

Should I ring up the college and see what I can do or do an interview? Is there some hope for beginning it this year?

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Man, that really sucks monkey balls:(
    I wasn't too happy with my Ordinary maths grade either and I think your best bet now is view your paper and appeal your result.
    If you got a D1, they might bump you up to a C3 depending on the examiner.
    I think you might get an offer from DCU though if they don't fill all the places.

If worst comes to worst, work or travel for a year and repeat maths on its own if you have the points.
    You could do a PLC for a year and get into the course too as another option.
    Or, you could even select a lower preference computing course and transfer to the DCU course after a year or two.

Advertisement