Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Got amp and speakers, which cabling?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

I'll be ordering the same amp myself shortly. Cabling wise, you should check out the following forum: http://www.avforums.com/, where you'll find a cables section among other fantastic sections regarding av stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

buy a reel (or two depending on your needs) of 79 strand speaker cable. Maplins stock it. Anything less and you'll lose detail and treble/bass and will be a false economy. As for interconnects well the sky's the limit but don't even consider the ones that might have been boxed with the amp or DVD player. Spend a few bob on decent interconnects and you won't sit there wondering if you're hearing everything as you should.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 digitaltheatre

recommended speaker cable ranges between 12 - 16 gauge. 16 being the smallest.

I have run tests on response from cable runs and to be honest.. stranded mains wiring in systems sub €10,000 is just as good, and showed there is no real gain on buying expensive speaker cabling.

Im ready for all you nordost fans to give this thread a good bashing... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

I have run tests on response from cable runs ....

Im ready for all you nordost fans to give this thread a good bashing... :D
    The only test that matters is the ear of the one paying for it..... certainly in home cinema there's less in the way of subtleties and the even if there was the visual image fills in those gaps.... for music the quality (not necessarily the cost) of cabling, at a certain level of equipment, is crucial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Is that amp twice the rated power of the speakers you have linked? Or did I miss something?

also, if you dont mind me asking, did you get the amp from a Euro\GB store or from the US?

• Advertisement
Advertisement