Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

As I Lay Dying...?

• 17-08-2007 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Anyone into this band?

I just picked up the new album, "An Ocean Between Us" its ****in class!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Have Shadows Are Security myself and absolutly love it. I always think its hilarious telling my mates they're a Christian band and then seeing their faces when they hear them play. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I got a hold of An Ocean Between Us myself last week. I hadn't heard much about them but was going on the recommendation of a friend. I am very impressed with it so far. Usually with bands I know very little about I find the album takes a few listens to get into but with these guys I am happy to allocate them the time :)
    I always think its hilarious telling my mates they're a Christian band and then seeing their faces when they hear them play.
    Do you tell your mates that they're a Christian metal band before you play example songs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Really really really really really really really really boring and ****e.. Sorry, they sound like nearly every other metalcore band in the world, hate them... 94 hours is a decent enough song though.

it's basically double bass, palm muted guitar riff, annoying scream and repeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

eZe^ wrote:
    it's basically double bass, palm muted guitar riff, annoying scream and repeat.
    I assume you mean double bass drum as opposed to a stringed double bass unless there's an As I Lay Dying jazz group I don't know about? :)
    On a more serious note, what's wrong with palm-muted guitar riffs and screaming? In the right proportions they can be very effective components of a song. I don't know about their earlier stuff but there's definitely songs on An Ocean Between Us that have non palm-muted riffs parts and even some singing parts :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

malice_ wrote:
    Do you tell your mates that they're a Christian metal band before you play example songs?
    Nope, for most of my mates I leave out the metal part as if I said that they wouldn't listen to it at all. For the others I say it afterwards, either way theres always some kind of humorous reaction. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Jonakin

The new album sounds alot more metal and less metalcore.
    Collissions is my favourite song so far.

Advertisement