Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL are a shower of c*nts

Options
  • 17-08-2007 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

sorry but they are
    my connection was down for 3 weeks solid , hey fixed it last friday but now a week later it is gone again

I cant freakin believe it, i just busted the lamp in my room out of anger, the phone people are lucky the lines are closed or i would have let em have it...cant guarantee i wont in the morning...:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Whatever happens, make sure you get a refund for the month you were without internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭okcomputer

Whatever happens, make sure you get a refund for the month you were without internet.

they told me it would take 7-10 working days for a network engineer to call out and fix it . I told them if it took longer i would demand a months free tv and internet for every day they went over. They fixed it on day 10
    ..I am now taking this as day 11., so unless they fix it tomorrow, its 2 months, monday is 3 months etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I'm sure they are not breaking it on purpose.. And if it takes an engineer that long to get out to you, it's probably that they are up to their eyeballs with other problems. They will have to refund you for the month you were offline - I'd ask them for another month on top of that for all the hassle.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

dlofnep wrote:
    I'm sure they are not breaking it on purpose.. And if it takes an engineer that long to get out to you,
    it's probably that they are up to their eyeballs with other problems.

They will have to refund you for the month you were offline - I'd ask them for another month on top of that for all the hassle.

Indeed!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

They've been totally ****ed for nearly a year now. I really don't know why I haven't changed provider yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

Stevek101 wrote:
    They've been totally ****ed for nearly a year now. I really don't know why I haven't changed provider yet.
    i agree

• Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

OP where are you? I've had NTL since I moved into a new apartment with the missus and it's been fantastic. Never experianced any downtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Ntl are actually quite good at compensating, demand free tv ant bb for three months. you should get it

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

eo980 wrote:
    OP where are you? I've had NTL since I moved into a new apartment with the missus and it's been fantastic. Never experianced any downtime.
    I'll have to add that I've never experienced downtime in the three months that I've had it and the only speed drops I've noticed is occasionally when I've used torrents. Other than that it's been smooth sailing all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

I hear you speak of compensation. I haven't gotten any of that. A large number of channels on my TV a fuzzy constantly and the best they could offer was an engineer that didn't arrive the first two times. That is hardly customer service.

On top of that there is little point in even question the QoS of their internet you get no relevant answer to the problem. Simply their infrastructure since splitting from NTL UK can't cater for their customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Stevek101 wrote:
    I hear you speak of compensation. I haven't gotten any of that. A large number of channels on my TV a fuzzy constantly and the best they could offer was an engineer that didn't arrive the first two times. That is hardly customer service.

On top of that there is little point in even question the QoS of their internet you get no relevant answer to the problem. Simply their infrastructure since splitting from NTL UK can't cater for their customers.

After signing up a feck load more people.

Advertisement