Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox 360 to PC??

• 17-08-2007 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Anybody got their 360 connected to their PC???
    i have a netopia 2247NWG-VGx, XP service pack 2
    got a desktop connected (wired) and a 360 wired, also a laptop wireless.
    i have being trying to connect the desktop thru the router to the xbox no joy!! being to all the microsoft sites but all the answers are basic and don't work. i have media player 11 installed but cannot see my xbox or vice versa. is the router the problem?? had to change some settings on my xbox to get on xbox live. i haven't tried my laptop to xbox yet either but would prefer to get my desktop connected.
    thanks if anybody can help or has seen this:) :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Try turning off your firewall or at least lower the level of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

Make sure media sharing is turned on in media player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

i had the same problem and i tried everything...it only worked after my norton security expired and i uninstalled it and it worked perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Added windows media player to firewall rule and my laptop now shows up on the 360 but not my desktop :|

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I believe the 360 only links up with XP Media Center Edition and Vista. I don't think it will work on XP Home or Professional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

It works with XP there is a setup tool on the xbox site that will setup the pc for ya. I found that I had to uninstall my firewall altogether as when i turned it off it still was blocking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭jocky

Thanks Guys,
    i will try the firewall and let you know if it worked, altough seems a bit drastic if you have to remove your firewall.:(

No joy!!
    will try a few more things

haven't got around to trying my laptop but nothing seems to work with the desktop. any more suggestions???:confused::confused:

no joy with anything:mad:
    i think it might be my router?
    anybody any tips?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Get a cross-over cable and link the console and pc directly. You'll have to manually configure the network settings.

Advertisement