Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new businesses to carlow

• 18-08-2007 12:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭

i hear maybe just rumour but homebase is going to be built near (the vacant) business park on the dubkin road, Dunnes homewear and a new cinema are to be built across from byrnes/woddies and burger king to be built out near the dome. don't know hoe much is true though..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

We got a letter and brochure earlier this week from the developers, as they're looking for other tenants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

I'm Nearly sure that there was an article in the Nationalist recently saying that Homebase was going out beside fitzpatrick's and that there was a drive through burger king going there also.

I also heard about the Dunnes going in across from Byrnes so there may be some truth in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭fitzyshea

I read Homebase is going in beside Fitzpatricks garage along with a drive thru fast food joint no name though could be Burger King or McDonalds. Also heard Dunnes in the Woodies carpark didnt hear about cinema though. Traffic will be even more manic once that opens, if it does. :eek: The cinema was to open in fairgreen but I think it went to An Bord pleanala and was not given permission due to the height of the building and lack of parking. However the owners of the fairgreen have applied for a multi storey car park in the spot behind abrakebara. Not 100% sure but I remember reading this sometime ago. Carlow needs a new cinema the one we have is crap and too small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Not too sure what story is with most of those rumours, but it is defintely Burger King locatin out near the dome! Not the best spot, but they'lll do ok out there. Still no good finance/computer jobs in carlow tho....its a big no go area 4 what u study in Carlow IT!!

Stevecw wrote:
    Not too sure what story is with most of those rumours, but it is defintely Burger King locatin out near the dome! Not the best spot, but they'lll do ok out there. Still no good finance/computer jobs in carlow tho....its a big no go area 4 what u study in Carlow IT!!

Where at the Dome? Beside the garage?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭lynch_3001

the dome is out on the port laoise road beside the dunnes and talbot. the truth i read in the paper about 6 months ago about the cinema in front of woddies that its going to be a "fitness park" or something. its supposed to have the cinema, dunnes clothes, and gyms and stuff.
    yes there is a home base in the new development by fitzpatricks on the dublin road, im right behind and was talking to the developer himself, nice guy.
    agros, i hear is going to the empty unit by dunnes food and housewares. just to throw my towel in the ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

1st Post!
    Well I heard that Penneys will be demolished and a new shopping centre & apts is going in there to include M & S as the flagship store and that Penneys will move temporarly in units beside lifestyle Sports (beside dunnes home store)
    Homebase and a garden centre are going up beside fitzpatricks (told by a a Castle Oaks resident) and Bolands are going in opposite it
    Also heard that Burger King was going where pizza hut was and that the Bank of Scotland was to go in where the Nationalist office was - but those rumours never materialised.

Great to see the Empty Business and Technology Park still empty :(
    how many years later ???
    Also the County grounds and O'hanrahans is set to move.. I think that is a big boo boo if the CC let that ground go for developments... where will the travelling hurdy gurdys go when they come to town.

I was parking down by penneys the other day and noticed that a construction site sign has been erected at the entrance to the park. The people who own the land where penneys is bought part of the park for the developemnt. Hopefully this means that the bulldozsers will be heading in there soon to knock that eyesore of a building down. Its possibly the worst palce int he town. I dont think anything major will happen though until after the xmas rush. Looking forward to M&S though if thats true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭patrickc

yeah penney's being demolished, also dunnes not going to be beside the big byrnes nemeore as they got pp for their drapery out where they are now..

Advertisement