Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

e65 - bookmarks & access points

• 18-08-2007 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

When I save something as a bookmark on my e65 it seems to save the access point too.

e.g. if I bookmark boards.ie while browsing using GPRS and then later use Wifi, it trys to connect through GPRS anyway as the bookmark has been stored like this.

Is it possible to store bookmarks so that they'll choose the active access point first before trying to connect to any?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Yep, very familiar :) It's exactly the same on the E60, and extremely annoying. A while back I googled for it a while but I couldn't find a way to fix it. Also couldn't find anything in the menus.

I've just taken to changing it right after saving the bookmark. I usually do that to put them into a folder anyway because you can't choose a folder when you create the bookmark.

Just one of the quirks I guess but if someone has a fix for it I would love to know about it of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Same on the N95 and I can't figure it out either. a PITA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭HiredGun

Set your phone to always ask which access point to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

HiredGun wrote:
    Set your phone to always ask which access point to use.
    that doesn't for bookmarks on symbian phones

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I have never noticed that problem on mine. It just ask's each time i open any application what access point to use and thats it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Dream Driven

Hi Ciaranfo

Access your favouite list, hightlight the bookmark you want to change
    Click Options, scroll down to Bookmark Manager,
    Fan out menu
    Scroll down to Edit
    Click to open
    Scroll down to Access Point
    Click to open
    Then select required AP

Its worked for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

This still involves changing them on an individual basis though. When i save bookmarks on my pc it uses the active connection first and if that fails it prompts me to get a working internet connection.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Hey Ciaran - don't mean to be hijacking your thread, but what's the E65 like as a fone?
    Thinking of gettin one as an upgrade.
    Would be interested in using the WiFi and E-mail mostly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭HiredGun

I have the E65 and I have installed Truphone VoIP and and I do my email with it (built in client and gmail). Quite happy with the phone. Great build quality: very solid. It's a real phone, with added on functionality, not some multimedia monster that has forgotten that it has to be a phone too. My only minor gripes are that the keyboard action is a bit shallow and that the camera is relatively poor.

Advertisement