Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free 100MB BB

• 18-08-2007 12:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Free BB from 3? What's the catch other than it being 3?

Prepay or Billpay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Nice one. You just saved yourself a few bob there. I would try it but I already have a data bundle.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

ciaranfo wrote:
    Free BB from 3? What's the catch other than it being 3?

Prepay or Billpay?

What's wrong with threes data bundles. Maybe you like being charged an exorbitant, excessive price per kb instead of a relatively reasonable price per month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I've got nothing wrong with their bundles - they seem competitive and put some of the other networks to shame - I just don't like a lot of problems they seem to be having with their data services and with their support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

They've let they're mobile broadband users down seriously this week with their botched 'upgrade'.

This looks to me like a desperate attempt to pull in new people on their data packages but it's going to be counter productive if the network continues to behave the way it has.

The marketing people should really talk to the techs - if they can find them....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I'd love to be up in Donegal or in Kerry asking three CS do they really expect people to travel all the way to dublin to get Age verified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

In fact they do jimmy. You're making the mistake of thinkin 3 are a company that doesn't treat it customers as if they're an inconvenience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Timmins

Very nice find man, thanks for the info! I'm disgusted that i bought the same data bundle a couple of days ago heh! By the way, to save you some hassle you could ring 3 and do a little social engineering to get yourself verified.. Tell them you "verified yesterday but the internet still isn't working :(". Theyll ask you what time you verified and in what 3 store you did it (make sure its a 3 store and not a reseller you give them). Once you give them this info they'll get all apologetic and inform you that you'll be verified within the next 24 hours :) Worked for me and another friend of mine.

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I'm confused. I wanted to try this out so i went to use up my data today so i'd have to buy a new bundle. I've been using it all month so i didn't think i'd have much left.

I plugged my phone into my computer and downloaded the first 50mb of ubuntu linux. Then later i downloaded firefox a load of times in the background while browsing. I checked the transferred data after doing it and it was 101mb downloaded.

Overall, I'd say i'm at about 400mb for the month and all i have is the 100mb add on. I have no credit so its definitely not eating that away.

Not that i'm complaining or anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Thanks for the tip, have two 3 sims and it worked on both, one asked for age verification and the other didn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Timmins wrote:
    Very nice find man, thanks for the info! I'm disgusted that i bought the same data bundle a couple of days ago heh! By the way, to save you some hassle you could ring 3 and do a little social engineering to get yourself verified.. Tell them you "verified yesterday but the internet still isn't working :(". Theyll ask you what time you verified and in what 3 store you did it (make sure its a 3 store and not a reseller you give them). Once you give them this info they'll get all apologetic and inform you that you'll be verified within the next 24 hours :) Worked for me and another friend of mine.

Good luck!

Called them like you said but the guy wants me to call the tech support team tomorrow :( Looks like i might be out of luck but was worth a try.

As an edit to this i called tech support the next day and they told me it would be sorted in 24 hours,just checked there now and i'm age verified.

Advertisement