Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Sharp Electronics Service Disaster

• 18-08-2007 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

18 Months ago I purchased a Sharp XL-MP150E in Argos Dublin Ireland. As usual this unit came with assurances and contact phone numbers in the event of service being required during or after its 12 month warranty. Last week it packed in and I went about contacting the Irish service department. The quoted phone number is no longer in service. After many calls which included long "holds" and a couple of "hang ups" to Sharp in the UK who passed me from department to department like snuff at a wake I finally got a mobile number for their Irish service agent who has failed to keep five appointments which he made. It would appear that Sharp have an individual rather than a company providing service facilities to their Irish customers. More calls to and messages left on unattended UK numbers have failed to get a response. It would appear that Sharp have little or no concern for their Irish customers. I would suggest that Irish people in the market for electronic equipment avoid Sharp products in favor of a manufacturer who provides proper service back up. I suppose I will have to buy another system but it won't be a Sharp.

hitbit:mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Can't you bring it to a local electrical shop or service centre that fixes these kinda things?

What's the fault with the hifi anyway?

Advertisement