Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colief - Infant drops - Baby needs them but at €15 for 7ml!!!

Options
  • 18-08-2007 2:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Our three month old is currently taking 2 to 3 drops of Colief infant drops in each bottle to reduce colic.

This is our third child and we used these drops with baby number 2 and current baby because we had endless nights of crying with baby number one who had colic for the first few months!

It says on the box that it is a lactase enzyme fluid that when added to the baby formula bottles, helps to reduce lactose content in the milk and help the baby to burp up the wind during the winding process while feeding.

This is great and all and they do work, but feck me, at €15 for a tiny 7ml bottle, it does not last long!

Maybe im being a bit one minded about this, cause it is helping the baby to burp and no signs of colic at all thank god, but has anyone found an alternative, cause i reckon we have spent about €90 at least on this stuff since the baby was born three months ago!

If anyone can help and let me know if there is something else in the chemist i should be using or if i can get this lactase enzyme fluid in a bigger amount cheaper anywhere, then do tell.

Thanks for any help you may give!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Have you tried infacol? It's a bit cheaper and I actually found it to be better than colief.

Although at 3 months your baby would probably be out of the bad colic phase anyway so maybe you could try going without to see what happens!
    After that age I used to just give my little one infacol at nightime feeds as he was ok by day but just had problems when he was lying down for any length of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

that sounds good... might give that a try today.

Advertisement