Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

junior cert night!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 simpsonsfan15

HELP!!i dunno wat to wear for junior cert night im goin to a disco and i was wondering if a tshirt is ok with jeans or should it be a shirt with a jumper or wat i am totally confused and should i wear shoes or runners ???please reply i need all the help i can get with clothes!!!:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

HELP!!i dunno wat to wear for junior cert night im goin to a disco and i was wondering if a tshirt is ok with jeans or should it be a shirt with a jumper or wat i am totally confused and should i wear shoes or runners ???please reply i need all the help i can get with clothes!!!:confused:
    What a catastrophe[/sarc]. Sorry:o ,don't really see the problem, i suppose it's a lot easier for lads though. Don't have a clue where i'm going on results night yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I say everybody would a lot happier if they didn't put any work into their appearance at all. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Are you a guy?

If the answer is "yes", then wear jeans and a nice shirt, check topman for nice shirts. As for shoes, you´re not going to get turned away for wearing runners as it´s only a JC disco, but a pair of black shoes or even skate shoes will look a lot classier.

I wouldn´t advise a jumper as you´ll only be boiling hot all night.

Davidius wrote:
    I say everybody would a lot happier if they didn't put any work into their appearance at all. :D
    Sounds like a plan, that'd be one strange disco, agree with qwertplaywert as well, the music at discos really is shít
    Piste wrote:
    Are you a guy?
    Woops, sorry again:o :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

i ****ing hate discos!!!:mad: i just don't "get" them. everybody's get all sweaty and smelly while listening to crappy music; what's the attraction? i probably will end up going to one though cos all my friends will want to...agh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 simpsonsfan15

Thanks Piste u were a big help i think im just goin to go with a collared tshirt jeans and a grey pair of shoes !!!! hope ye all enjoy yer junior night im ****ing it that i did crap im the junior and that will be a real downer for the night !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 egyhos

oh no... I heard bondi doesnt have junior bondi anymore is dat tru??...
    i dont wanna go to a place wer it would all packed and you could hardly move...:(
    in terms of clothing, just put on a kul looking t-shirt, pair of jeans and ur most comfortable pair of runners, id agree wid 'piste' skate-shoes would be the best...thats wat im wearing anyway...

I'm sure you'll all look lovely!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Piste wrote:
    I'm sure you'll all look lovely!
    Ah there's a nice complient.......hold on a minute this is boards.ie the place where mothers are poked fun at and there is unforgiving criticism all the time:D :D

oh...and i forgot to ask, wer r all the girls goin that night??:D :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Is anyone here NOT going to a disco lol? If so whatr ye doing???

Is anyone here NOT going to a disco lol? If so whatr ye doing???
    Well I plan on not going to a disco cause I positivly can not be arsed probably open a bottle of whiskey at home:D :D and the discos in Carlow are ****e:D :D

don't!!, y would u stay at home on such a special night:rolleyes: :rolleyes:...
    but seriously if u dont go to a disco then wer to:confused: , not that i wana go to a disco i absolutly hate their music:( ...

Go to a gig instead, well, presuming you like the music you'll hear there lol. At least it would be live so would be better

• Advertisement

I didn't go to a disco, I went to the cinema with friends then out to dinner with my family rhen to my friends house with a group from school for the night.

Oh yes and before that I did lots of shopping with my mum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

JSK 252 wrote:
    How do you manage do buy your own drink when you are the same age as me????
    Loads of places in Greystones take student travel cards even though they don't have a DOB on them :rolleyes:

http://www.studenttravelcard.ie/

Probably a bit late to get one for JC night though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

jb91 wrote:
    Loads of places in Greystones take student travel cards even though they don't have a DOB on them :rolleyes:

http://www.studenttravelcard.ie/

Probably a bit late to get one for JC night though
    Or just go fishing, you'd be surprised how many people will oblige

Sean_K wrote:
    Or just go fishing, you'd be surprised how many people will oblige
    And you'd really be surprised how many were plain-clothes guards.

egyhos wrote:
    don't!!, y would u stay at home on such a special night:rolleyes: :rolleyes:...
    Ah dunno laziness being pissed off lots of things:rolleyes: :rolleyes: it is only the junior cert after all nothing really special..

• Advertisement

But you'll only ever have one JC night in your life (Unless you repeat of course lol)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

awhir wrote:
    piste if you get severd you ethir have massive tits,give the bartender a bj or gota fake garda or driven licence :D

If you have massive tits, an expert in bjs, a fake driving licence and a bit of a brain as Jello said you can practically carry out a putsch on Leinster House and have a fantastic career ahead of you.;)

No discussion on where or how to get fake IDs on this forum plz.

JSK 252 wrote:
    If you have massive tits, an expert in bjs, a fake driving licence and a bit of a brain as Jello said you can practically carry out a putsch on Leinster House and have a fantastic career ahead of you.

How do you think Mary Harney got as far as she did ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jcb2007

Hey,

We're doing our 5th Junior Cert night this year (previously in Metropolitan & Traffic). Should be cool - you get to choose the music yourself and it's in the city so there's always a good mix from lots of different schools.

More info:

www.bebo.com/JuniorCertbeats

[SNIP - If you want to advertise, buy some advertising space. The reason this whole post hasn't been deleted is because some real posters may find it useful.]

Piste wrote:
    If it's issued by a state company and there's no misinformation on it it's not fake ;)

But you'll only ever have one JC night in your life (Unless you repeat of course lol)
    Yeah I suppose tomorrow I will officially be in T.Y only a half day then have friday off and back for good on monday
    my sister is in 3rd and doing the junior this year so it is time to scare say it was the hardest thing in the world I will say I mentally broke down:D :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

I love going to discos (r whatever theyre called :D ) but I hate all the immature little pressures that go with them if its one for 15,16 year olds. Youd swear the only point of them is to meet as many easy girls as possible, wear the scangeryest clothes you can find and drink as much as possible :(:(

but I hate all the immature little pressures that go with them if its one for 15,16 year olds. Youd swear the only point of them is to meet as many easy girls as possible, wear the scangeryest clothes you can find and drink as much as possible :(:(

Exactly why I stay away from em

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

I love going to discos (r whatever theyre called :D ) but I hate all the immature little pressures that go with them if its one for 15,16 year olds. Youd swear the only point of them is to meet as many easy girls as possible, wear the scangeryest clothes you can find and drink as much as possible :(:(

And to get as far as you can with a girl.....

Its kinda creepy being at a disco and at the corner of your eye see some lad exploring some random girls body parts :rolleyes:

Stev_o wrote:

Its kinda creepy being at a disco and at the corner of your eye see some lad exploring some random girls body parts :rolleyes:

LMFAO!! We'll if thats what floats their boat.....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Guess alot of modern days girls like people watching :rolleyes: kinda scary eh ?

Ha they possibly do. So she can have further prospects for exploration of her atonomy....haha!

Ha they possibly do. So she can have further prospects for exploration of her atonomy....haha!

Would REALLY suck though if the lads failed biology in his science results

ROFL!! What bothers me is some of them are so public about doing it at a disco...

...dont mind if they are away in a corner etc where its not so visible

I made the mistake once of being out in stephens green whoops my bad to anyone who saw too much walking by;)

well i guess thats the whole point of jc night... ur ment to meet new ppl (if u get my drift):) :D:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Piste wrote:

How do you think Mary Harney got as far as she did ;)

Fair point Fair play.:D

No putsch on Leinster House yet is there?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭joekeville

whats on junior night and wen do tickets go on sale thanks
    joe

joekeville wrote:
    whats on junior night and wen do tickets go on sale thanks
    joe

What county are you in?

• Advertisement

Just got some fantastic news re Junior Cert night.

Most of my mates go to a school that organises a camping trip on JC night and everyone else is going for a family meal.

We'll have the weekend but it's just not the same.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭-donegal-girlie

Stev_o wrote:

Is this all boys care about?:rolleyes: Some girls hav no respect..:eek: ;);) A boy goes near my parts when i meet him..and he gets a slap on the hand!!:rolleyes:

we should start a countdown thread to the results!! not long now...:eek: LAst weekend of freedom back to school on monday..:(

Is this all boys care about?:rolleyes: Some girls hav no respect..:eek: ;);) A boy goes near my parts when i meet him..and he gets a slap on the hand!!:rolleyes:

we should start a countdown thread to the results!! not long now...:eek: LAst weekend of freedom back to school on monday..:(
    I'm back to Donegal on Monday:p . 2 and half days in some gealtacht place called Dunlewy and 2 and a half in an outdoor adventure centre in Garten.
    Still don't know where i'm going for results night. Parties always seem to be announced 1 or 2 days, or hours:p , before they happen. House-parties are so much better than discos, hoping someone is allowed to have one.

Hahah well i usually do give girls alot of respect. Never actually done stuff like that to a randomer at a disco just way too weird i think.

Yeah iv seen some lads get worse then slaps on the hand more like half punched in the face and threats about the girls brother being told :rolleyes: yeah you can figure the rest out for yourselves.

Going to a gaf party at a mates should be great craic as when we are all around its usually a laugh

trogdor wrote:
    I'm back to Donegal on Monday:p . 2 and half days in some gealtacht place called Dunlewy and 2 and a half in an outdoor adventure centre in Garten.
    Still don't know where i'm going for results night. Parties always seem to be announced 1 or 2 days, or hours:p , before they happen. House-parties are so much better than discos, hoping someone is allowed to have one.

Cool donegal...wooooo!!:rolleyes: Well as for Dunlewy that should be boring to be honest..!! But Garten!! Oh my god!! I love that place it is soooooooo much fun!! seriously!!:D :D:D My friend is havin a house party..her mum and dad going out that night and will be back at 4 am..they said she could have one as long as we dont wreck the house...hmmmmmmmmmm:eek: :confused:

Cool donegal...wooooo!!:rolleyes: Well as for Dunlewy that should be boring to be honest..!! But Garten!! Oh my god!! I love that place it is soooooooo much fun!! seriously!!:D :D:D My friend is havin a house party..her mum and dad going out that night and will be back at 4 am..they said she could have one as long as we dont wreck the house...hmmmmmmmmmm:eek: :confused:

I bet after the 2nd round you will all have completely forgotten about what they said!

Many people planning on drinking much on wednesday? Just wondering what the general thought is on it?

I know me and a few of my friends just cant be bothered. IE money, having to go to school the next morning plus the hassle

• Advertisement

Me+small amount of drink= extremely drunk colm!!! i cant drink anythin without gettin tipsy...even on small amounts!!! So being the sensible lad i am I wont drink much!

Donegal....interesting part of the country!

And tis 11 days to the results! (Excluding the day we get em!)

ugh... 10 days to the result and i still dont know wat im doin...:( :(
    i like that jc beats thing it sounds really kul and tickets r not that expensive...
    if u wanna check them out heres der website: www.bebo.com/juniorcertbeats

Stev_o wrote:
    I bet after the 2nd round you will all have completely forgotten about what they said!

Many people planning on drinking much on wednesday? Just wondering what the general thought is on it?

I know me and a few of my friends just cant be bothered. IE money, having to go to school the next morning plus the hassle

AYE boy IM drinking:rolleyes: ..we have the day off school on the day we get our results..! Im not buying drink..cause der will be loads at the house party..not going to school the next day i will be half dead.. The only thing i will hav to pay for is my outfit..and suppose i will hav to suffer the next day..but ah well!!

egyhos wrote:
    ugh... 10 days to the result and i still dont know wat im doin...:( :(
    i like that jc beats thing it sounds really kul and tickets r not that expensive...
    if u wanna check them out heres der website: www.bebo.com/juniorcertbeats

Tenner bets it ll be sh$te and all that will happen will random lads fighting cause they were looking at each other weirdly

If only they'd open the Ozone down here in Leixlip then that would have decent but noooo every one has to fight for no reason what so ever "sigh* ah well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭joekeville

What county are you in?

dublin anyone know wats on and wen tickets go on sale

• Advertisement
Advertisement