Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movin' back in Sept.

Options
  • 18-08-2007 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭

Hello, a newbie, living in the States but movin' back in a few weeks.
    Hope this is the right place to post this.
    Been gone ten years (:rolleyes: ) so am up for a gobsmack.

There's 2 of us and we are on the lookout for a place to lay our heads. I think it is the worst time of the year to look of course, but just thought I would put the word out with my mates and here.

This is us:
    Two nice Cailíní (a couple - a couple of what? :D ) - one Yank and one Irish. Both in the Arts. Respectable but not pushovers, responsible but not dead.:p
    Somewhere bike or walking distance (or a bus) to city centre. Looking for an Apt or a double in a house would be great. Looking to move in to a place late Sept. Please PM me - thanks a million! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Don't drink the water...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

Probably ugly like most women in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

walt0r wrote:
    Probably ugly like most women in Galway
    haha

also: p i x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Huh! I think not...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Well, there's 2 of us. I suppose we have a 50% chance at least of not being too ugly.
    We are open to somewhere with tinted mirrors too, in case we get a glimpse of ourselves, it would ease the pain ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭louisecm

DRakE wrote:
    haha

also: p i x

You and your pix. You amuse me.

Thats the idea =D

Alas no pix, the camera shattered.. We could have a blind artist sketch us in a dim light maybe?

Sounds like a plan!

not a very sexy plan tho :(

Aw c'mon..sexy to SOME one, I can betcha there's a website for it somewhere..
    "dimlylitsketchjollies.com"

• Advertisement

i tried that url :(

But don't despair...there's hope!

See here for example :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Hi inisbofin,
    I see your post still hasn't had one serious or close to serious answer. Pity about that but its becoming very common in this forum. It's forum is becoming something of a "joke-stupid comments" forum.
    Anyway, in answer to your queries-
    I dont know of anywhere specific but the accomodation list in the Galway Advertiser (Available online here - www.galwayadvertiser.ie) or the accomodation listings on www.daft.ie (There's probably more choice in the advertiser though) should set you on your way.
    Theres a lot of accomodation in Galway which is relatively close to the City center, if you have any queries about locations and how far they are away from the center feel free to post up here and hopefully you'll get some useful answers.
    Kippy

Also on the subject of fun, Kippy doesnt like fun.

Without_pics.gif

kippy wrote:
    Hi inisbofin,
    I see your post still hasn't had one serious or close to serious answer. Pity about that but its becoming very common in this forum. It's forum is becoming something of a "joke-stupid comments" forum.
    Anyway, in answer to your queries-
    I dont know of anywhere specific but the accomodation list in the Galway Advertiser (Available online here - www.galwayadvertiser.ie) or the accomodation listings on www.daft.ie (There's probably more choice in the advertiser though) should set you on your way.
    Theres a lot of accomodation in Galway which is relatively close to the City center, if you have any queries about locations and how far they are away from the center feel free to post up here and hopefully you'll get some useful answers.
    Kippy

Thanks Kippy :)
    Appreciate it. We have had a gander at the advertiser, but I thought I would ask mates too, or on a board. I HAVE had one PM from a user, and we are chatting about possibilities. It will be easier when we actually arrive in Ireland too :)

Oh, and we had a pic but it got sick with a virus and melted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Hey inisboffin
    In kinda the same position myself, GF and me were living in Galway city, decided we needed a break from it and rented in the country and now a year later we realise we're going mad with boredom so we're tryin to get a place back in the city.
    Like you said, worst time of year to be looking but after all the student madness has subsided it should be a lot easier and cheaper, process inflate this time of year.
    Anyway, best of luck girls, don't mind DRakE & co. I'm sure yez both are only gorgeous!!! :)

What we lack in looks we make up for in copious wealth..
    NOT :p

Advertisement