Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Bills

Options
  • 18-08-2007 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

There a bit rubbish are'nt they?

A got my second yesterday the first included the cost of the set up the second is a bit less clear
    ServiceDateAmountPay Period

wir937901,
    Additional 10GB Traffic Quota13/08/2007€14.85

VAT 21%:
    VAT 13.5%:

Balance: €3.12
    €0.00

€17.97

I thought the 1 mb/10gb serivce was now €25 a month and was €21 (I think) when I signed up, so while I'm not complaining how come I'm billed for €18?

Also I thought the phone option was an extra amount yet it says on the website
    A full phone service is available on all 4 Metro options. This a free service with cheaper calls which doesn't require an Eircom phone line. See below for details on how to set up your phone.

Whats the story? Is the access to the phone service free or are calls between digiweb customers the only free thing?

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Actually having the phone connection is free. calls outside of Digiweb's network are charged. The call charges are cheaper than eircom's.

With eircom you are charged nearly 26 Euro every month on top of broadband and phone calls, just to have the connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Riiiiiiiiiiiight, so I've just spent 60 euro odd on a router for Blueface I don't actually need.

Anyway back to my bill, when just looked up my first bill
    Metro Lite - €128.47

Setup Fee07/07/2007€79.00

Metro Lite Broadband (Quaterly) 07/07/2007 €49.47

What does the quarterly refer to? Also as I'm on Metro Lite how come I can upload at 256k the website says 128k? While the service has been bang-on so far I'm wordering about just how much Digiweb know about thier own products and pricing!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭tak

First your bill.

Digiweb's "bills" are all over the place. Nothing new there.
    No point in telling them - they don't give a damn and ComReg are pussies when dealing with them.
    What is on your first bill reflects what payment system you asked for when signing up.
    For an initial 12 months payment up front the installation costs nothing.
    Any other way and there is a charge on your installation.
    I suppose the 2 VAT rates would refer to VAT on services alone (21%) and VAT on goods + services (13.5%), e.g. on cost of the antenna/wiring/modem plus labour.

On the Digiweb phone service the answer is clear - FORGET IT.
    Sure phone rental is free.
    But look at
    http://www.digiweb.ie/broadband_metro_services.asp?i=80&i2=81&i6=91&zzz=hm
    The minimum cost of any call is 6.35 c ! It's 2 c by Blueface.
    And the charges per minute for national, EU and other calls can't touch Blueface. Even mobile calls are a few cents a minute cheaper on a basic Blueface plan.

Your buying a Blueface modem is no waste of money, man.
    Get the Freedom Basic plan to obtain a local number (without it some UK & possibly even Irish calls go astray) and watch your phone-life quickly change for the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

I'm guessing that you opted for the extra 10gb/month.. which I presume costs €5.99/month extra ie. €17.97 quarterly?

Vat on all telecoms installations and the like is charged at the lower rate, so that will be what the 13.5% VAT is quoted for.

If you're not sure/don't agree with what you're being billed for, ring Digiweb and query it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Maybe I'm loosing my marbles!

I got an e-mail on August 3rd warning that I was near my cap, according to my bandwidth chart I've used up 9.56GB in the last 30 days, it been about that since the first 30 days elapsed. If I had ordered the extra capacity then I would'nt have got the e-mail. So either I ordered the extra and completely forgot having done so (and they e-mailed me wrongly) or they have billed me wrongly.

On the subject of the chart they should have configured it so the slate is wiped clean with the start of every new billing period.

EDIT! I just fished out my initial contract email and I did order the extra 10GB (middle age is a terrible thing) on a quarterly contract. however that does'nt explain why they felt the feel to warn me of using up my cap if I'm actually on 20 GB a month.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

ahh, a bug!

their warning email must be based must be on core cap not on core + supplementary .

you still have another 10 gb to go . They should reword the warning to say

'unless you have purchased supplementary data transfer capacity'

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

As has been mentioned here before in connection with BT's bills surely it should not take a degree in higher speculation to figure out a bill.

A bill which clearly shows the months (or period's) charges in an intelligent consistent manner is hardly impossible to design?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

No. a rolling cap is actually fairer to the user and all the other users than a calendar based cap. It is always the total of the last 30 days. So if you had a 5G download in a couple of days, after 30 days that is gone. One day of the slate gets wiped clean every day.

Advertisement