Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OpenSource (Free) Invoice Software?

Options
  • 18-08-2007 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm just wondering has anyone any recommendations on a good program to use for making custom invoices and keeping track of them so they automatically save as invoice number 234 for example if the last one you did was 233 and other such things.

At the moment I'm just using a text document and converting it to PDF to print which is ok but I'd prefer something a bit more built for the purpose.

Any feedback appreciated:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

I use openbravo.com - wonderful stuff. Screw SAP! Alternatively, try searching sourceforge.net for open-source stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Kenpo

Hi,

Is Openbravo completely free - or is the software available just a trial?

A friend of mine has a delivery company and is currently using SAP.
    But the invoices it generates are not great (particularly in how it displays VAT info) - and his computer knowledge is not great so it would take him a long time to review the SAP Documentation.

I'm looking for an alternative program for him which might make the report generation process easier.

Would you recommen this program for non-techie people?

Many thanks for your help.

Karl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 CelloPoint

Kenpo wrote:
    Hi,

Is Openbravo completely free - or is the software available just a trial?

A friend of mine has a delivery company and is currently using SAP.
    But the invoices it generates are not great (particularly in how it displays VAT info) - and his computer knowledge is not great so it would take him a long time to review the SAP Documentation.

I'm looking for an alternative program for him which might make the report generation process easier.

Would you recommen this program for non-techie people?

Many thanks for your help.

Karl

Yeah, once installed, it's easy-to-use. Support and customisation services are not free (WAY cheaper than SAP though). You can install and use the software as much as you like for free.

Advertisement