Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Central heating timer pegs?

Options
  • 18-08-2007 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Moved into a new (second hand) house recently which has gas central heating. The timer on it is one of those mechanical clocks which requires little red and green plastic peg type yokes to turn it on and off automatically. Obviously these have all been lost.
    Would anyone have an idea where I could get my hands on these things as I can't find any online (don't even know what to search for to be honest).

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

if the timer is separate from the heating unit u may as well replace it with a more up to date one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

save yourself a lot of heartache and get a new timer!!!! I had to use one of those before......those little green and red pegs were impossible......you had to have such precision to get them in the right place first of all & if they fell, as they often did, they seemed to have the magical power to disappear!!! Sounds like you have the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Replacing it seems the obvious solution alright, except I am USELESS with electrical things. I may have to give it a go though as they probably don't make these type timers anymore. My parents have the same one and all the pegs were lost years ago also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

You will pick a good one up in b+q for less than 50 quid id suggeat a grassliln
    but an easy one to wire up is an apt pretty small these are manual clocks
    a good digi will be about the same price but sometimes harder to use
    Where are you living pm me and i might be able to sort you out

Advertisement