Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AP/Pistol Training DVD or Video

Options
  • 18-08-2007 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi All; I’d like to get opinions of / suggestions for DVD or Videos which would allow me to progress my development in Air Pistol shooting.
    I’ve been Shooting AP for last 9mths.
    Using IZH 46M, which is my first pistol of any sort.

Was wondering if there was any useful video training material out there?
    My search to date has turned up those listed below, but nothing specifically on AP. Maybe most of material covered is equally applicable to AP. Could anyone who has any of these please give your opinion as to value for AP starter, or suggest alternatives.

Tks Joe.

Pistol Target Shooting Vol.2 by Dynamit Nobel – This volume covers rapid fire I believe- can’t find any reference to Vol. 1 & what it might contain, but looks like no availability anyway.

Bullseye Pistol Competition Shooting produced by CMP

NRA Bullseye Competition by Allen Fulford

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

There's heaps of target pistol stuff on pilkguns.com - no videos mind, but some proper detailed articles on most elements of 10m AP. If you want to do air pistol right then it's a good place to start. I havent even applied for an AP yet, but have spent ages working through all the stuff on pilk in preparation.

If you havent already, ask on targettalk.org - there's a good pistol forum there too. http://www.chris-gb-shooting.co.uk/ is another good site with heaps of info.

Jimbo

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I'm not sure the NRA bullseye stuff will be directly applicable for AP competition joe - NRA bullseye is generally shot with a .22lr and a .45ACP pistol over a longer course of fire than AP, with slightly less stringent accuracy requirements - and there's a difference between the two styles because of the recoil and the difference in the grips.

You'd be better off with ISSF AP sources like the targettalk.org site and the canadian http://www.targetshooting.ca/

• Registered Users Posts: 41 joecoie

Thanks for responses; I have over the last few months used the sites listed & yes they have a wide variety of useful stuff. I also posted the same question on TargetTalk, as this board seemed to have quite a few AP shooters, but no one could give recommendations for video material, either the ones I listed or others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Joe

Have a look here: http://www.schuetzenwelt.de/shop/7/buecher_videos/54/videos_cd_s/

All in German I'm afraid, but there's quite a few titles which at least you can search for in English. Otherwise you may have to learn German :D

Advertisement