Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise from shower in ensuite

Options
  • 18-08-2007 1:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

Hi

I live in a 3 bed sime that is approx. 10 years old. I never really noticed the noise from the master ensuite shower before until I stayed in the guest bedroom last week. When the shower is turned on in the master ensuite it is literally like a plane taking off in the guest bedroom. The noise gave me a fright it was so loud. It's nowhere near like this even even you are actually in the shower.

Now, the shower is obviously on the wall that seperates the guest bedroom and the master ensuite shower and can't be moved, and the noise from the pump is magnified as it passes through the wall but is there anything I can do to eliminate or reduce the noise transfer? Is there some kind of rubber mat or something that I can put between the shower and the wall?? It's really too loud as nobody could sleep in the guest room if someone is having a shower and this just isn't right.

The shower is a Triton T90i. Also, it's a timber framed house but as it's an internal upstairs wall this would be timber anyway so I don't think this makes much of a difference.

Thnaks for your help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

you could pack the airgap between the slabs with some sort of insulation or drill an 8 mill hole and squeeze some expanding foam into the space behind the shower, also make sure the water feed is not touching the back of the slab as this causes noise when the shower is on it vibrates against the inside of the slab

Advertisement