Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 Mobile Broadband Questions

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

emigre wrote:
    watty, can i ask how long you've been using smtp with o2 successfully. i'm on the verge of giving up with 3 because they refuse to fix their smtp problems. o2 is twice the cost but i can't do without a reliable email service.

A few months only on HSDPA. O2 used have coverage issues long ago, but they have run ISP stuff since GSM only days (Nokia Communicator 5 years ago), 3G or HDSDPA just runs faster. I also have E65 phone. The "real" email sends OK via O2 SMTP on GSM/3G and via digiweb when I'm on WiFi with the phone. I think with real Flat rate internet, Blackberry concept will be dead soon as will iMode and WAP on handsets with decent screens and browsers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭emigre

watty wrote:
    A few months only on HSDPA. O2 used have coverage issues long ago, but they have run ISP stuff since GSM only days (Nokia Communicator 5 years ago), 3G or HDSDPA just runs faster. I also have E65 phone. The "real" email sends OK via O2 SMTP on GSM/3G and via digiweb when I'm on WiFi with the phone. I think with real Flat rate internet, Blackberry concept will be dead soon as will iMode and WAP on handsets with decent screens and browsers.
    thanks

Advertisement