Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equestrian

Options
  • 18-08-2007 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

Is there an equestrian club or society in DIT???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭drogbaa

Hiya,

I couldn't find an Equestrian Club in DIT on the list http://www.dit.ie/DIT/sport/clubs/index.html but if you're interested I'm sure you could talk to the sports officers about setting one up. There was a guy here a couple of years ago, Lee Murphy, who won a Dold medal for DIt in the World Universities Equestrian Championships. He was here on a sports scholarship.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭personaltrainer

yeah Id defo b interested n im sure loadsa others would be too keep me updated!!! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Dunners

If a club or soc doesn't exist then you can always set it up! it only takes 15 people to setup a soc and then you will be elligible for funding and the likes from the DIT clubs & socs fund. Talk to the union or to the socs officer for your site when you get in and they'll be able to fill you in on what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 nile

Hi,
    Google is great I was just going to start a thread like this myself. I'm also looking for an equestrian soc in DIT so count me in if you want to start one. Feel free to send a PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 UseItLoseIt

Yea I'd Join Equestrian Soc.!

I know Lee Murphy, not supprised he got a scholarship!!

Was thinking about setting it up myself but seemed like a lot of hassell!! will be taking enough time off as it is!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Hi just a quick one...kid is nearly a foot taller than he was when he got his horse nearly 3 yrs ago. My question is... he tells me he needs a bigger horse. Says position he is on the horse is not the ideal or indeed safe proper riding position.. he has been on a horse a few hands higher and looks better....he says it feels right .. so ...is there a ratio of rider height to horse height ...thks paddy ( who knows very little about horses!)

Advertisement