Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert blues

Options
  • 18-08-2007 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

hi, my sister just did her leaving cert and while she got well over the points she needed to get into UCD, she didn't meet the minimum math requirement for Science, she got a C1 in ordinary where she need a B3.

Does anyone know if she has any chance at all of being allowed in or if there is anyone she could talk to about it?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

First thing she should do is apply to view her script.
    If it's anywhere close to the B3 mark it might be worth appealing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

spurious wrote:
    First thing she should do is apply to view her script.
    If it's anywhere close to the B3 mark it might be worth appealing.

definately get it checked - its only one mark up, its worth doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭WellCultured

I'm sure how that helps, if the appeal results don't appear until october won't that be a little late for college? and by that stage if she hasn't taken her second choice and it doesn't go up she'd be kinda screwed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

I'm sure how that helps, if the appeal results don't appear until october won't that be a little late for college? and by that stage if she hasn't taken her second choice and it doesn't go up she'd be kinda screwed.
    Yeah, I could be in that same situation if the appeals go my way. My idea is to drop the second choice course, take a year out, then start fresh next year. Waste of a year, I know, but the choices are limited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 dontdoit

Definately appeal it, worth a try. As far as I know no way around needing the B3 unless applying as a mature student. Results out in october mean if she was upgraded UCD would offer her a place then so she could join in then or else defer the place for a year. Usually a few people join courses at this date so she probly wudnt be alone joining in. In the meantime you can start another course (2nd choice or whatever) and this wont affect the appeal.
    Best of luck wit it!

• Advertisement

Well she got in regardless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Seriously?

Yeah. I think it has to do with her applying to access.

Advertisement