Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GHD - Are they really the best? Advice please!

• 18-08-2007 4:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I'm thinking of splurging on a new GHD and I want to know if they are really worth the price.

I have a Remington at the moment and it's grand but when the hairdresser uses a GHD on my hair, it's like iron straight and lasts forever.

I just wanna know if the GHD really can do that at home.

All advice welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

I have my GHD yearrrs now, and its freaking awesome.
    Make sure you get a heat spray for it if you do get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Yes. They last so long as well, so it works out cheaper in the long run. You'd be lucky to get a Remmington to last past 6 months. My first GHD lasted 4 and a half years, and it was still as good before it went as it was when I got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Do get one, I'm going to get one soon, I've had a very good MarkHill Morphy Richards one, but any time I use my friends GHD my hairs still straight after sleeping on it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

GHD would be the best yes but really do but the heat spray!!

The new GHD came out in November and heats up quicker and has a noise to tell you that its ready. its also about 170 which isnt bad in the long run!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

I think they are overrated. I have a Remington Sleek&Curl for about two years now and it is fabulous. A friend of mine has a GHD and it leaves her hair looking very matt and kinda frizzy. But I suppose the results you get depend as well on what you natural hair structure is like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 loveinya

yeah ive had ghds for ages now..bot sometimes when i use them my hair gos greasy very easily afterwards..and somethimes mess up my layers and it just looks poker staraight..what am i doing wrong???but yes they seem to work for most people!!can some1 give me advice...lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

my sister has 1. havent been living at home but anytime i was home i noticed such a difference between the ghd & my crappy straightener. now ive gotten used to using it (back living at home) if she moved out & took it id really have to buy 1, i absolutely love it.

its smoother, quicker, and always seems to look much better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭littlesurfer

i don't think they're the best...loads of my friends are on they're second or third....I have a fox and its way better imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

I've a babyliss and it's the best straightener i've ever had, AND i've owned a GHD too! All my friends have replaced their GHD with a babyliss too! They're usually about €80...i got mine for €50 though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i think ghd is the best tbh,i only straighten it every three or so days because it stays straight when i sleep on it,you really do need the eat defense spray though my hair is in bits from it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

I have my GHD for a few yrs now and i use it a few times a week, i dont have to do it again unless i wash my hair, or tie it up just to get rid of the kink. I have REALLY THICK hair, so the GHD was the best option for me. well worth the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

If you do decide to get a GHD they're €30 off in Peter Marks atm if you trade in any old straightners/curling tongs

thats a pretty good deal!was thinking off getting the newest one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Heln

I'm on my second GHD, I had my first one for about a year and a half but I kept dropping it so it eventually just stopped working. I'm much more careful with the one I have now and I have had no problems. They're good but they can leave your hair looking dull and flat and how long it lasts depends on your natural hair type. Mine doesn't last any more than a day and I don't have curly or very thick hair, just a few kinks but my hair is quite greasy so this maybe why. Try not to use it too often because it does ruin your hair and I found it kinda harder to straighten my hair after a few months of using it all the time, it was like my hair got used to it and it doesn't work as well on it.

yeah i try tp use it in moderation but its so hard not to use it everyday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Strawberries07

I have two. I have the large one and the skinnyr one!! Best thing ever. As long as you don't use them every single day and just give you hair a break. I used to but my hair is thinish anyway. I only use mine the weekends now.... and I must saw I do look hot on the weekends!!! Haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Scraggs wrote:
    If you do decide to get a GHD they're €30 off in Peter Marks atm if you trade in any old straightners/curling tongs
    Thanks for posting this here! I didn't know about this, so went into a Peter Mark today, handed in my not-working Remington and got the €30 off. Yay, my GHD is all cool in it's new shiny box :D

do they care what condition its on or if its a good make?

Nope, mine doesn't even work anymore and they took it! THey didn't even check! They said any ol straightener or curling iron. I think my Remington only cost €30 anyway!

hmmmm i have a broken old curler that shall be getting a trade in:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Splurged and got the GHD and it's going great!

Yah mine's going great too! My hair's no longer fuzzy! :)

Advertisement