Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton vs Liverpool Net Spending

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

this thread is using transfer fees from THIS SUMMER to make the point that THIS SUMMER, despite wat the media want you to believe, despite Jose trying to put on pressure saying that a title should be won because of money spent, Liverpool has done similar business to Everton.

Simple as

You rattling on about the last 5 years etc etc has no bearing to this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

You rattling on about the last 5 years etc etc has no bearing to this thread

You rattling on about players Everton haven't even signed has no bearing to the argument.

For your information Baines fee was undisclosed so how you or anyone can pop a figure onto a form and have that as a definitive fee is amazing.

If you knew anything about how transfers fees are made up, especially Everton transfer fees given the pathetic financial situation at the club, you'd know they are complex contracts where the potential value of the transfer is more often than not not realised.

Your on another planet if you think these transfer fees are exchange between clubs, especially where Everton are involved.

"You don't need £10m to buy a £10m player etc..., etc...,"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

No they really haven't. Liverpool have spent 46 million on new players this season. That's where the pressure is coming from. Everton have not spend anywhere near that much, and even if they sign these new players, they won't have spent anywhere near that much.

If you want to talk about net spend as a basis, you have to look long term. The pressure is coming from total spend this summer.

But still signifigantly less than Utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Fair enough, I thought this thread wasn't about that, but anyway, United total spend this year at most is about 55, while Liverpools is about 47, not exaxctly a significant difference, especially considering that Liverpool were ready to sell out 7 million on Heinze, and probably will spend the same on a defender before the end, it's not really a huge difference.

Bluetonic-some of the liverpool players fees were undisclosed too.
    all i did was put the most commonly used figures. Sorry if this offended you!?

At the time when i posted up this thread, Fernandes was negotiating with Everton, and Yakubu had been left out of the Middlesborough squad and was on the verge of signing. His replacement already signed.

This thread is about the fact the Liverpool have not made anything near an effort to buy the league as some media outlets would have you believe. Or gone on any sort of mad spending spree. Utds spending is very relevant to it.

Conversation over, yous being so petty is pissing me off.

EDIT: i swear to god, the second i posted this message, i got a text from a mate (everton fan) saying, ''Yakubu to sign tonight/tomorrow morning, fernandes to follow, future is looking bright mate!''

Co-incidence :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Bluetonic-some of the liverpool players fees were undisclosed too.
    all i did was put the most commonly used figures. Sorry if this offended you!?
    You didn't offend me, I just don't see the point in doing odious comparisons with incorrect data.

As for the Yakubu deal, money aside, pathetic attempt to push undecided voters to a yes vote.

i agree with ya on their reasons for yakubu deal.

i wouldnt call the comparrisons odious and i certainly don't accept that the data is incorrect, but how and ever!

if ye get fernandes and Yakubu i really expect ye to push spurs and arsenal all the way for the top 4 finish

but if we don't beat ye home and away i'll be freaked :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

The bottom line is another home victory over Liverpool this year.........!:D

and realistically a top 5 finish, if we retain our fortress Goodison and do resonably well away from home.

Yakka and AJ are not to be messed with.

• Advertisement
Advertisement