Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda CRV

Options
  • 18-08-2007 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi,

Some advice please. I am thinking about buying a 2004 Honda CRV 2Lt. Anybody know of any problems with them?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Nothing major really. Have an 02 one. Would recommend an Auto if doing city driving. The manual one required that the master clutch cylinder be replaced as it squeaked upon gear changes. Didn't affect drive but it really annoyed me. Was replaced under warranty (even though the car was out of warranty!). The benefits of Honda's warranty system.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Groucho10

Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I think they are great cars, my next one will probably be a CRV.
    Good luck with it if you go for it.

You can read up a bit about its good and bad points here - http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/index.htm?md=585&

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭rogue.goofball

The 2002 - 2006 model is a good drive. I have a 05 manual exe version, and I would say you get good bang for the buck in terms of the extra spec. It's a bit thirsty though, and could well have done with a 6-speed gearbox when they did the facelift in 04 - but they held that off until the curent model.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

2 wheel drive models are a bit of a handful if you drive any way fast. good for economy though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

colm_mcm wrote:
    2 wheel drive models are a bit of a handful if you drive any way fast. good for economy though.

All CR-V's are part-time 4WD. It's the HR-V that used to come in a 2WD and 4WD option. In both cars the engagement of the rear-wheels is controlled via a mechanical speed differential device - quite clever when you see it work.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

Imported a '04 2litre vtec sport SE automatic for the father and it is a very good machine.

Good fuel economy, plenty of power if needs be and japenese reliability !(and this is coming from a BMW fanatic)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

jayok wrote:
    All CR-V's are part-time 4WD. It's the HR-V that used to come in a 2WD and 4WD option. In both cars the engagement of the rear-wheels is controlled via a mechanical speed differential device - quite clever when you see it work.

I got stuck in a field in one at Electric picnic last year, front wheels just spun. no action from the rear wheels.

THe new model is available with front wheel drive, wonder if some Irish old models were too?

Advertisement