Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where ya'll living this year???

Options
  • 18-08-2007 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

hey people!!just home from sligo got my accommodation sorted for this eyar just wondering where you'll all be living!!!
    me and my boyfriend got ard nua we hope lolol!!

:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Bummer

Is ard nua far from the campus...Im gonna try yeats village...Soon...Still have to call them

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'll be living with my parents this year to save money. :( But I'll probably end up spending most of the year on one of the lads couches as I did in first year. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Bummer wrote:
    Is ard nua far from the campus...Im gonna try yeats village...Soon...Still have to call them

Ard nua is about two minutes away from yeats so it's still close to the college.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

yea and someone cleans your sitting room and kitchen every week thats what sold it for me lol no arguments over who used what in the kitchen just let it pile up hahaha!!ok seriously though its a lovely place compared to yeats. i lived in yeats last year and it looked lovely on the day we went up to look at them and then i moved in a wek later and sh*t started. my wall went black with mould and i told them about twenty times and they did nothign then eventually bleached it off the wall and i was still sick from the damp they just took the colour fo it away lolol!!!i dont recommend it at all!!! and a girl got raped in there and they dnied it to my dad when he rang them until he said the police told him and then they back tracked haha idiots!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

I'm staying in Clarion again coz had such great craic there last year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

yeats village. its crap, im just there for the boradband!!

yeats village. its crap, im just there for the boradband!!

And I'll be there to scab it off you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Yeats are fcukers, way too strict. Oh and you can't driv in or out after 12.

Clarion is run by the same management group but the lad over in Clarion is sound. Was in The Grove last year (Back of Clarion) and back to the Clarion this year (Good craic) but mainly cause all the houses 'available' were total dumps

JohnCleary wrote:
    Yeats are fcukers, way too strict. Oh and you can't driv in or out after 12.

Clarion is run by the same management group but the lad over in Clarion is sound. Was in The Grove last year (Back of Clarion) and back to the Clarion this year (Good craic) but mainly cause all the houses 'available' were total dumps

John, I was just wondering what the internet connection is like in the clarion. Do you know is it linked into the college network like yeats?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

ya it is linked and in the grove aswell. rang them yeasterday. i'm in the grove again this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

John, I was just wondering what the internet connection is like in the clarion. Do you know is it linked into the college network like yeats?

Exact same, connect's through resproxy.itsligo.ie

I was able to SSH no problem, P2P was an issue and took much fiddling about with port forwarding etc.. to messy in the end to bother with. Same as Gateway Apartments I think

Only place that has it's seperate connection is Ard Nua, they charge extra for it and the filter's are supposed to be nasty

whassupp2 wrote:
    ya it is linked and in the grove aswell. rang them yeasterday. i'm in the grove again this year

I didn't think it was. I just presumed yeats was the only place. That's pretty sweet so,. Glad you got confirmed for getting in there, hope you enjoy it.

JohnCleary wrote:
    Exact same, connect's through resproxy.itsligo.ie

I was able to SSH no problem, P2P was an issue and took much fiddling about with port forwarding etc.. to messy in the end to bother with. Same as Gateway Apartments I think

I don't use P2P so I never tried setting it up but I would imagine the college would make it hard to use given the amout of flak P2P gets over illegal downloads.
    JohnCleary wrote:
    Only place that has it's seperate connection is Ard Nua, they charge extra for it and the filter's are supposed to be nasty

A friend of mine lived there last year and the connection was crap compared to yeats. It's a lot slower and it blocks a lot of websites. He's going to be back there again this year. You miss that internet connection in yeats. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

You miss that internet connection in yeats. :(

remember virtual girlfriend!!!!!! *takes breath from inhaler and pops spot*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 HomeBrewPlease

Anyone staying in Gateway? What do you think of it?

Advertisement