Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

guy haircut advice

• 18-08-2007 7:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

hi all

I usually get the sides and the back shaved but amstarting to realise that they look nicer when they are longer.

Im letting them grow now but when i do go for my next haircut im going to ask to thin it out all round.What would the sides look like if they are just thinned out.Would it be lighter?

thanks
    Remmy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

It'll just be easier to manage and the hair won't clump together. To be honest try get the back, top and sides the same length, maybe leave the front growing a bit longer than the rest. Avoid that mullet look, it's dropping fast :) If you get it cut at a hairdressers you should buy the L'Oreal Play Ball stuff, its the best wax i've ever and i've been through a LOT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

indeed, just say the hell away from red dax wax!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

indeed, just say the hell away from red dax wax!!

other known as 'grease in a can':D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Gwenivere

Just saw your que and had to reply, a friend had the same prob reciently and i set him straight. GO TO A PROPER HAIRDRESSERS!! seriously, it'll cost you about 20-28€ but they'll style it for u and show you how to keep the look after you leave the salon. I would recommend house of colour on liffey st, D1 they're super nice in there and it won't be intimidating, which could be a concern of yours as it's your first time. Good Luck, u'll look great!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭oddone

Gwenivere wrote:
    Just saw your que and had to reply, a friend had the same prob reciently and i set him straight. GO TO A PROPER HAIRDRESSERS!! seriously, it'll cost you about 20-28€ but they'll style it for u and show you how to keep the look after you leave the salon. I would recommend house of colour on liffey st, D1 they're super nice in there and it won't be intimidating, which could be a concern of yours as it's your first time. Good Luck, u'll look great!!

I was going to start a new thread but maybe someone can help.

I'm a bloke, I have naturally wavy hair that gets out of shape when it gets long, I have never been to anything other than your average side street barber/hairdresser.
    I'm off on hols next week and I will be in dublin at the weekend, I have an idea of the type of hairstyle I want but I'm afraid I am also very shy about going in to a 'Peter mark' type place as yes pathetically I think I will be the only guy there and will get embarassed etc, BUT I am determined to get a proper hairstyle, I dont want anything fancy just to get a decent trim and to look as smart as possible that doesnt look make me look like I want to be in a boy band or like I had to pay €150 for.I need some advice / expertise rather than the person cutting my hair stopping every few mins with 'how is that? will we cut this bit etc.:rolleyes:

Can anyone recommend somewhere in dublin city centre that I won't have to book ahead for, and that is well, good? :)

thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭oddone

oddone wrote:
    I was going to start a new thread but maybe someone can help.

I'm a bloke, I have naturally wavy hair that gets out of shape when it gets long, I have never been to anything other than your average side street barber/hairdresser.
    I'm off on hols next week and I will be in dublin at the weekend, I have an idea of the type of hairstyle I want but I'm afraid I am also very shy about going in to a 'Peter mark' type place as yes pathetically I think I will be the only guy there and will get embarassed etc, BUT I am determined to get a proper hairstyle, I dont want anything fancy just to get a decent trim and to look as smart as possible that doesnt look make me look like I want to be in a boy band or like I had to pay €150 for.I need some advice / expertise rather than the person cutting my hair stopping every few mins with 'how is that? will we cut this bit etc.:rolleyes:

Can anyone recommend somewhere in dublin city centre that I won't have to book ahead for, and that is well, good? :)

thanks in advance

BUMPO, ANYONE?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

reading the post before your first one should give you your first idea of somewhere to go tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭horsesnout

Looking for same as above and dont trust barbers anymore, they keep ****ing it up!

Anyone out there got any recommendations besides house of colour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

grafton barbar tbh, ordinary run of the mill cornshop barbars (that cut male hair) just know the usual short back and sides or the V *shudder*.

Advertisement