Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

autoexchange

• 18-08-2007 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Anyone see their ad in daily paper stating a car can be bought for 12 euro per week? On the site www.autox.ie I cannot see this offfer but wondered if anyone had taken it. Think it may be a hire purchase deal and they look after NCT etc

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

There are offers in the bottom right of the page
    two words about the offer - balloon payment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭IncredibleHulk

Hi Kbannon

thanks for that missed the offers in the bottom right of the page.

Re balloon payments I am sure they told me there are not and they said I could change the car after couple years and start paying on another. The best part it seems is they take care of NCT as far as I know.

Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

Hi Kbannon

thanks for that missed the offers in the bottom right of the page.

Re balloon payments I am sure they told me there are not and they said I could change the car after couple years and start paying on another. The best part it seems is they take care of NCT as far as I know.

Regards

Don't!

Get a loan for what you can afford, and buy your car where ever you get the best deal. Getting through an NCT should not be an issue for any half decent car, and should cost practically nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

This crowd are probably the closest thing Ireland has to a car supermarket. They mostly deal in ex fleet or self drive cars as their garage here in Limerick mostly has D, WX, KK reg cars.

My cousin bought a Corsa off them a couple of years ago, she had a bit of bother with it and they had to send it out to the local Opel dealer as they didn't have any mechanics working for them. I'm not sure if they have the same set up these days though. She recently traded the Corsa for a Yaris but didn't buy off them as they were offering her a silly trade-in price on the Corsa. They really don't want to take trade-ins and prefer straight deals.

Just becareful, if something sounds too good to be true then usually it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭darcy.jonny

bought a car from theses ............... buyer beware is all i can say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,479 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

their aftersales service and pre sales check leave a loit to be desired. proceed with caution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

We've already got a thread on this Johnny, please don't dig up every thread on Auto Exchange you can find.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement