Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favourite after dinner drink?

• 18-08-2007 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭

What's your favourite after dinner drink and why?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

When you say after dinner drink I presume that you are talking about dinner in a restaurant. If that's the case - I'd generally go for a brandy & an espresso to pep me up after what was most likely a heavy meal.

If, on the other hand you mean what does one drink after dinner at home - sometimes another glass of wine. Occasionally I reach for the Lyon's Kenya Blend & have a cuppa instead.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

White wine definately..

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭TravelJunkie

lola_run wrote:
    What's your favourite after dinner drink and why?

Are you doing market research or what?

I'll humour you. My after dinner drink is coffee. If you're being specific to alcohol, I wouldn't normally, but if I did, I'd love some Frangelico (hazelnut liqueur)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

I agree with Frangelico.......mixed with Bailey's aka a Nutty Irishman.

Works a treat over Ice Cream too............

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Raven_k42

....a tip from a friend of mine who had stomach ulcer problems...Creme de Menthe. I've tried it at loads of weddings after the meal...you know the feeling when you just cannot deal with the prospect of another pint ???. Anyway...one (or max. two) Creme de Menthes definitely works. Frappe or straight...make the barmans life easier and drink it straight !.

K.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

A brandy with peppermint cordial also does the trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Limoncello

Bodegas Olivares Dulce Jumilla - a sweet deep red dessert wine served just slightly chilled. I had this in a French Restaurant and bought 12 bottles shortly after. Just one left now:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Horlicks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Sambuca

What's yours?

Advertisement